Hans-Jürgen Wagener studied economics in Munich and Berlin. In 1966 he graduated from the Ludwig Maximilians University in Munich with a degree in economics , and in 1968 he completed a postgraduate course in Eastern Economics at the LMU. In 1971 he was at LMU with the work : "economic growth in underdeveloped areas approaches to a regional analysis of the Soviet Union" doctorate .
From 1970 to 1973 he was initially a research assistant at the Eastern European Institute in Munich , from 1973 to 1975 research assistant at the Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies (wiiw). In 1975, he received a reputation as a Professor of Economics at the University of Groningen , The Netherlands . In 1993 he moved to the Viadrina European University in Frankfurt (Oder) as a professor of economics, in particular economic and regulatory policy . There he was founding director of the Frankfurt Institute for Transformation Studies (FIT).
He was chairman of the committee for the comparison of economic systems in the Verein für Socialpolitik from 1987 to 1990 and 1993/1994 president of the EACES - European Association for Comparative Economic Studies. 1999 to 2000 H.-J. Wagener Fellow at the Wissenschaftskolleg zu Berlin .
Wagener is co-editor of the magazines and journals "Economic Systems", "Economics of Planning", "Acta Oeconomica" and "Yearbook Economy and Society".
- European Integration. Law and Economics, History and Politics. Vahlen 2006, ISBN 3-8006-3267-5 . (in cooperation with Thomas Eger and Heiko Fritz)
- Elements of economische order. Wolters Noordhoff, Groningen 1988.
For the analysis of economic systems. An introduction. Springer, Berlin 1979
- Dutch: Economische systemsen. Theories, institutes en doelstellingen. Samson Uitgeverij, Alphen ad Rijn / Brussel 1980.
- Economic growth in underdeveloped areas. Approaches to a regional analysis of the Soviet Union. Duncker & Humblot, Berlin 1972.
Published books and special editions:
- The GDR in retrospect, politics, economy, society, culture. Chr. Links, Berlin 2007. (together with Helga Schultz Hrsg.)
- Europe studies. An introduction. VS Verlag für Sozialwissenschaften, Wiesbaden 2006. (together with Timm Beichelt, Bozena Choluj and Gerard C. Rowe)
- Emerging financial systems in Central and Eastern Europe: Financial institutions and asset pricing. In: Economic Systems. 28-2, 2004. (with Martin T. Bohl)
- Constitutions, Markets and Law. Recent Experiences in Transformation Economies. Eward Elgar, Cheltenham 2002. (with St. Voigt)
- Universities in the 21st Century. Springer, Berlin 2001. (together with JC Joerden and A. Schwarz)
- Facts and Figures: Economic Representations and Practices Economy and Society. In: Yearbook. 16, Metropolis, Marburg 2000. (together with R. Rottenburg and H. Kalthoff)
- Privatization, Corporate Governance and the Emergence of Markets. Macmillan, Basingstoke 2000. (together with EF Rosenbaum and F. Bönker)
- Transformation of Social Security: Pensions in Central-Eastern Europe. Physica, Heidelberg 1999. (together with K. Müller and A. Ryll)
- Economic Thought in Communist and Post-Communist Europe. Routledge, London 1998.
- Something new in the east. Aspects of EU enlargement to the east. Dietz, Bonn 1998. (together with H. Fritz)
- The Political Economy of Transformation. Physica, Heidelberg 1994.
- On the Theory and Policy of Systemic Change. Physica, Heidelberg 1993.
- Adaptation through change. Evolution and transformation of economic systems. (Writings of the Verein für Socialpolitik, NF Volume 206) Duncker & Humblot, Berlin 1991.
- Monetary control and its problems in different economic systems. (Writings of the Verein für Socialpolitik, NF Volume 191) Duncker & Humblot, Berlin 1990.
- The Economic Law of Motion of Modern Society. A Marx - Keynes - Schumpeter Centennial. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge 1986. (with JW Drukker)
- Democratization of the economy. Possibilities and limits in capitalism. Campus, Frankfurt am Main 1980.
- On the Measurement of Factor Productivities. Theoretical Problems and Empirical Results. Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht, Göttingen 1976. (together with F.-L. Altmann and O. Kyn)
- JA Schumpeter: Old and new banking policy. In: Chr. Seidl, WF Stolper (Hrsg.): Essays on politics of the day. Mohr, Tübingen 1993, pp. 78-93 (from the Dutch)
- Alec Nove: The Soviet Economic System. Nomos, Baden-Baden 1980.
- F. Perroux: France's economic projection . Berlin Verlag, Berlin 1964.
- Literature by and about Hans-Jürgen Wagener in the catalog of the German National Library
- Website of Hans-Jürgen Wagener at the Viadrina, Frankfurt / Oder ( Memento from December 5, 2003 in the Internet Archive )
- Homepage of Hans-Jürgen Wagener
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German economist and economist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||July 22, 1941|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Dresden|