Hans-Peter Kriegel (born October 1, 1948 ) is a German computer scientist and professor (em.) At the Ludwig Maximilians University in Munich , where he headed the teaching and research unit for database systems until 2014 . He was also deputy head of the university's computer science department.
He received his doctorate in 1976 at the Technical University Fridericiana Karlsruhe on "Generating translations through grammar pairs". After his habilitation in computer science at the University of Dortmund in 1982 and professorships at the Julius Maximilians University of Würzburg and the University of Bremen , he switched to the still young computer science department at the Ludwig Maximilians University in Munich in 1991.
His best-known works include the database index structures R * tree , X tree and IQ tree, the cluster analysis algorithms DBSCAN and OPTICS and the outlier detection method Local Outlier Factor . Further research focuses are the similarity search on fuzzy and multimedia data as well as cluster analysis and outlier detection especially on high-dimensional, correlated data and in sub-spaces.
He is considered the most cited computer scientist at a German university and is one of the top 15 most cited researchers in the fields of databases and data mining / knowledge discovery in databases . His more than 450 publications to date have been cited in over 45,000 papers according to "Google Scholar".
ACM SIGMOD Best Paper Award , 1997 for the work "Fast Parallel Similarity Search in Multimedia Databases" (Stefan Berchtold, Christian Böhm, Bernhard Braunmüller, Daniel Keim and Hans-Peter Kriegel).
DASFAA Best Paper Award , 2006 for the work “Probabilistic Similarity Join on Uncertain Data” (Hans-Peter Kriegel, Peter Kunath, Martin Pfeifle and Matthias Renz).
ACM Fellow , 2009 for his contributions in the areas of "Knowledge Discovery, Data Mining, Similarity Search, Management of Spatial Data and Access Methods for High-Dimensional Data" of the Association for Computing Machinery as the first computer scientist at a Bavarian university.
IEEE ICDM Research Contributions Award , 2013 for his contributions to data mining , particularly with the algorithms DBSCAN, OPTICS and Local Outlier Factor.
ACM SIGKDD Test-of-Time Award 2014 for 'A Density-Based Algorithm for Discovering Clusters in Large Spatial Databases with Noise [KDD 1996]', the original DBSCAN publication.
ACM SIGKDD Innovation Award , 2015 for its contributions to data mining, especially cluster analysis, outlier detection and the analysis of high-dimensional data, especially with density-based methods.
- Chair website Hans-Peter Kriegel
- Database systems teaching and research unit
- Hans-Peter Kriegel in the Mathematics Genealogy Project (English)
- Publications in the Digital Bibliography & Library Project
- ↑ Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich : Hans-Peter Kriegel is the most cited German computer scientist. Retrieved September 13, 2012 (press release).
- ^ E. Rahm, A. Thor: Citation analysis of database publications . In: Association for Computing Machinery (Ed.): SIGMOD Record . tape 34 , no. 4 , 2005 ( sigmod.org [PDF; accessed on May 10, 2010] Most cited database chair in Germany, No. 2 in Europe, No. 10 worldwide).
- ↑ Microsoft Academic Search: Top authors in databases. (No longer available online.) Archived from the original on December 4, 2010 ; accessed on December 3, 2010 (13th place, first German computer scientist). Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- ↑ Microsoft Academic Search: Top Authors in Data Mining. (No longer available online.) Archived from the original on November 29, 2010 ; accessed on June 23, 2015 (5th place, first German computer scientist). Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- ↑ Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich : Prof. Dr. Hans-Peter Kriegel (retired). Accessed February 2, 2018 (Employee Profile).
- ^ Association for Computing Machinery : ACM: Fellows Award / Hans-Peter Kriegel. Retrieved September 13, 2012 .
- ↑ Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich : LMU computer scientist appointed ACM fellow. Retrieved September 13, 2012 .
- ↑ Xindong Wu: 2013 IEEE ICDM Research Contributions Award: Professor Hans-Peter Kriegel. IEEE ICDM, October 18, 2013, accessed October 29, 2013 .
- ↑ 2014 ACM SIGKDD Test-of-Time Award. ACM SIGKDD, December 31, 2014, accessed September 29, 2015 .
- ↑ ACM 2015 SIGKDD - Innovation Award for Prof. Dr. Hans-Peter Kriegel. LMU , August 4, 2015, accessed on September 29, 2015 .
- ↑ 2015 SIGKDD Innovation Award. (No longer available online.) ACM SIGKDD, July 22, 2015, archived from the original on September 28, 2015 ; accessed on September 29, 2015 (English). Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German computer scientist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||October 1, 1948|