After graduating from high school in 1969 at the Humanist State High School in Mülheim an der Ruhr (today Otto Pankok School ), Lindgens began studying law and economics at the Universities of Heidelberg and Lausanne . He developed a discounted “ student subscription ” for otherwise price-bound subscriptions and marketed the idea through his company, the Studenten-Presse Pressevertriebs GmbH, founded in 1969, with subsidiaries in Vienna and Zurich . A free university magazine he had published since 1997, "Academix", was discontinued in 2000. On October 22, 2010, Lindgens was awarded the Federal Cross of Merit with ribbon .
He is deputy chairman of the SME committee of the German Chamber of Commerce and Industry , honorary member of the plenary meeting of the Rhine-Neckar Chamber of Commerce and Industry and chairman of the economic council of the business symposium of the EBS University of Economics and Law Oestrich-Winkel. He was also a founding member and from 2005 to 2006 president of the "Rotary Club Heidelberg Alte Brücke eV".
- 1990 Senior Citizen of the Junior Chamber International
- 2006 Paul Harris Fellow, awarded by Rotary International
- 2010 Federal Cross of Merit on ribbon
- abbreviations for students. Website of the Berliner Zeitung. Retrieved July 11, 2014.
- Merit Cross on Ribbon for Hans-Werner Lindgens . Website of the city of Heidelberg. Retrieved July 11, 2014.
- Hans-Werner Lindgens receives the Federal Cross of Merit . Website of the new sales (dnv). Retrieved December 1, 2010.
- 4.5 million students made to read - VDZ congratulates Hans-Werner Lindgens on being awarded the Federal Cross of Merit ( Memento of the original from July 14, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. . Website of the Association of German Magazine Publishers (VDZ). Retrieved July 11, 2014.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German entrepreneur|
|DATE OF BIRTH||November 25, 1949|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Essen , North Rhine-Westphalia|