Hanyu da cidian
The Hanyu Da Cidian ( Chinese 漢語大詞典 / 汉语大词典 , Pinyin Hànyǔ dà cídiǎn - "Great Chinese Dictionary") is currently the most extensive dictionary of the Chinese language. Lexicographically, it is comparable to the Oxford English Dictionary for English or the Grimm's dictionary of the German language, it tries to capture the word inventory of the Chinese language diachronically , the period of the captured texts therefore extends over three thousand years, from the oracle bones to modern colloquial language. Together with a team of over 300 scholars and lexicographers, editor Luo Zhufeng ( 羅 竹 風 / 罗 竹 风 , 1911–1996) began this compilation in 1979. The publication of the thirteen volumes began in 1986 and ended in 1993.
The lemmas of the Hanyu da cidian begin with 23,000 different initial characters, it defines 370,000 words and cites 1,500,000 text examples. The initial character be arranged for a new, 200 radicals comprehensive system (as well as the Hanyu Da Zidian ( 漢語大字典 / 汉语大字典 , Hànyǔ dà zìdiǎn - "Great Chinese character dictionary") used and from other systems, such as the of the influential Kangxi zidian ( 康煕字典 , Kāngxī Zìdiǎn ), they are given in traditional Chinese characters, while the simplified characters are also given. Definitions and explanations are in simplified characters, except for classic quotations.
Volume 13 has both a pinyin index and one by line number, plus appendices. A separate index volume (1997) lists 728,000 entries for characters according to their position within words or phrases, similar to a declining dictionary . For example, the entry Daodejing 道德 經 / 道德 经 occurs in the Hanyu da cidian under the initial character dao 道 , this declining index lists it under both de 德 and jing 經 / 经 . “ Despite the fact that it weighs over 20 kilos and contains a total of 50 million characters spread over 20,000 large double-column pages, ” says Wilkinson, “ the Hanyu da cidian is an easy dictionary to use to the full because it is unusually well indexed. “It was made even easier to use - especially for users who are oriented towards the spoken word - thanks to an index by Victor H. Mair (2004) sorted strictly alphabetically according to the Pinyin spelling , because only here are homophonic words in the same place.
The abbreviated CD-ROM version (2.0) contains 18013 initial characters, 336385 words and phrases and 861,956 citations. It includes pronunciation examples spoken by male and female voices, and there are over 20 different search methods for the words and their characters.
- Chinese character dictionaries
- List of Chinese language dictionaries
- Dai Kan-Wa jiten
- Hanyu da zidian
- Zhongwen da cidian
- Hanyu da cidian bianzuanchu 漢語大詞典编纂 處 and Zen bunka kenkyūjo 禅 文化 研究所 , eds., 1997. Duo gongneng Hanyu da cidian suoyin 多功能 漢語大詞典 索引 (“Multifunctional index to Hanyu da cidian ”). Shanghai: Hanyu da cidian. ISBN 7-5432-0265-4
- James M. Hargett, "[Review by] Hanyu dacidian by Luo Zhufeng." Chinese Literature: Essays, Articles, Reviews (CLEAR) , 1990, Vol. 12, pp. 138-143.
- Luo Zhufeng 羅 竹 風 / 罗 竹 风 , chief ed. 1986-1993. Hanyu da cidian ("Great Dictionary of the Chinese Language"). 13 vols. Cishu chubanshe, Shanghai, ISBN 7-5432-0013-9 . CD-ROM ed. ISBN 962-07-0255-7
- Victor H. Mair (Ed.): An Alphabetical Index to the Hanyu Da Cidian ( Hanyu Da Cidian Cimu Yinxu Suoyi ). University of Hawai'i Press, Honolulu 2003, ISBN 0-8248-2816-X
- Endymion Wilkinson: Chinese History: a manual . Revised and enlarged ed.: Harvard University Asia Center, Cambridge 2000, ISBN 0-674-00249-0
- Endymion Wilkinson: Chinese History: a manual . Revised and enlarged ed.: Harvard University Asia Center, Cambridge 2000, ISBN 0-674-00249-0 , p. 71