|Hawesko Holding AG
|Seat||Hamburg , Germany|
|management||Board of Directors: Thorsten Hermelink (Chairman), Alexander Borwitzky, Raimund Hackenberger (Chief Financial Officer)
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Detlev Meyer
|Number of employees||1,000 (2018)|
|sales||EUR 524 million (2018)|
|Branch||Wine retail, wholesale and mail order|
|As of December 31, 2018|
The Hawesko Holding AG is a listed trading company for wine and champagne. Hawesko is an abbreviation of Hanseatisches Wein- und Sekt-Kontor , the name of the mail order subsidiary. In the 2018 financial year, it employed around 1,000 people in its three sales channels, retail, B2B and e-commerce, and achieved sales of EUR 524 million.
Hawesko was founded in Hamburg in 1964 by the Hamburg entrepreneur Peter Margaritoff. The two wine enthusiasts Jacques Héon and Olaf Müller-Soppart opened the first Jacques' Wein-Depot in Düsseldorf in 1974 , a new concept in the wine trade in Germany at the time. In 1983, Jacques' Wein-Depot and all 50 depots were taken over by Horten (later part of Kaufhof Holding, then Metro Group ); In 1989 Kaufhof, part of the Metro Group, took a 70% stake in Hawesko and in the wine wholesaler CWD founded in 1986.
In 1998, the entire Hawesko Group with the wine mail order company Hawesko, the specialist wine retailer Jacques' Wein-Depot and the wine wholesaler CWD is spun off from the Metro. The company goes public in May 1998 and is separated from the Metro Group. In 2014/15, the current majority shareholders will join the company through a public takeover offer.
The Hawesko Group includes the following retail brands:
- Brand Unit Retail (including retail): Jacques' Wein-Depot , Wein & Co.
- Brand Unit B2B (wholesale):
- Brand Unit E-Commerce (online retail):
- Carl Tesdorpf - wine trade in Lübeck
- We winemakers
- Thorsten Hermelink (Chairman)
- Alexander Borwitzky (Chief Operating Officer)
- Raimund Hackenberger (Chief Financial Officer)
- Detlev Meyer, formerly CBR Fashion Holding (Chairman since March 26, 2015)
- Thomas R. Fischer
- Jörg Haas (since December 1, 2017)
- Franz Jürgen Säcker
- Wilhelm Weil (since June 19, 2017)
- Kim-Eva Wempe
Hawesko Holding has been officially listed on the Hanseatic Stock Exchange in Hamburg since 1998 and in the Prime Standard segment on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange. The ISIN is DE0006042708. After a public takeover offer at the turn of the year 2014/15 by the holding company Tocos from Detlev Meyer (founder of the clothing chain CBR ), it holds 72.6% of the Hawesko shares, Michael Schiemann (ex-supervisory board chairman of the Gilde Brewery , major shareholder in Borussia Dortmund ) holds its asset management Augendum 5.6% stake. On June 17, 2019, the Annual General Meeting resolved to distribute a dividend of € 1.30.
- hawesko-holding.com: Imprint
- Hawesko Holding AG: 2018 sales increased by 3.4% to EUR 524 million - Hawesko Holding. Retrieved on March 2, 2020 (German).
- History - Hawesko Holding. Retrieved on March 2, 2020 (German).
- Wein Wolf GmbH. Retrieved July 15, 2020 .
- Company website: Board of Directors
- Hawesko Holding Annual Report 2016, pp. 2 and 139