Miguel Torres (winery)
|legal form||Sociedad Anónima (SA)|
|Seat||Barcelona , Spain|
|Branch||Wine & Spirits|
Miguel Torres is a manufacturing and trading company for wine and brandy , headquartered in Barcelona , capital of Catalonia in Spain .
The company was founded in Barcelona in 1870 by Jaime Torres Vendrell as an initially rather small winery , which soon expanded, entered international trade and now has five locations worldwide. The company bears its current company name after Miguel Torres Carbó , who made a decisive contribution to the company's growth in the 20th century.
The Torres winery portfolio includes red wine , white wine , rosé wine , sparkling wine and aperitifs .
Growing areas are:
- In Spain (→ Viticulture in Spain ):
- Catalunya , Conca de Barberà , Penedès , Priorat and Ribera del Duero
- In the USA (→ viticulture in the United States ):
- In Chile (→ Viticulture in Chile ):
The red wine Sangre de Toro (65% Grenache , 35% Carignan ) and the white wine Viña Sol ( Parellada ) are widespread in Spanish and German supermarkets .
Internationally distributed brandies (as of July 2011):
- Jaime I
- Torres 5 , Torres 10 , Torres 20
- 2000 "Most Important Winery" - Wine Spectator Award
- 2000 "Winery of the Year" - Guía de Vinos
- 2004 "Premio Príncipe Felipe"
- 2006 "Best European Winery of the Year" - Wine Enthusiast Magazine
- Official website (Spanish, Catalan)