CBR Fashion Holding
|CBR Fashion Holding GmbH
|Seat||Celle , Germany|
|management||Jim Nowak ( CEO )|
|Number of employees||1243 (2017)|
|sales||563 million euros (2017)|
The CBR Fashion Holding GmbH , headquartered in Lower Saxony Celle is the holding company of the Group CBR Fashion Group , a fashion company with the two brands Street One and Cecil .
The company is active in Germany and in many other European countries. In total, CBR supplies around 8,200 sales outlets in 19 countries. These include around 2,900 system areas (stores, shops-in-stores) and more than 5,300 multi-label areas.
Detlev Meyer and his business partner Friedhelm Behn built up the company from 1980. 1983 saw the establishment of the “Street One” brand, which was initially to be found in department stores such as Karstadt and Kaufhof . In 1989 the “Cecil” brand was introduced. In 1994 Street One started a standardized shop fitting system. The first “Street One” shops were set up in Hanover and Cologne, and the first “Street One” store opened in Salzburg. In 1996, CECIL also took this route, the first store was opened in Frankenberg. Further shops and stores were then built in large metropolises, which were also followed by shops in smaller towns.
In 2004 Meyer and Behn sold the CBR Holding with around 1000 textile shops and 600 million in sales to the financial investors Cinven and Apax , which they sold in April 2007 to the Swedish EQT .
In 2011, the CBR brands started their own e-commerce shops. In July 2012, the new shop fitting concept was presented by Street One and CECIL, and CBR's own marketing concept, formerly CBR Companies, became Favors! by cbr . In 2013, CBR took over 34 spaces and added its own retail to the partner system. In 2014, CBR took over a further 22 stores on its own and currently operates a total of 71 spaces.
In February 2018 it was announced that the CBR Fashion Group would be sold by the Swedish investor EQT to the British investor Alteri .
In 2019, the CBR brands started producing handbags.
Street One was CBR Fashion Holding's first own brand . The second Cecil brand followed six years later. Both are aimed at women. Twelve monthly fashion collections are marketed annually.
- ↑ Amtsgericht Lüneburg HRB 102193: CBR Fashion Holding GmbH
- ↑ a b Consolidated Financial Statements for the 2017 financial year in the Federal Gazette
- ↑ Company announcement March 26, 2015.
- ↑ CBR Fashion Holding GmbH: History. (No longer available online.) Archived from the original on August 14, 2011 ; Retrieved April 7, 2011 .
- ↑ DIE WELT: Textile millionaire wants to buy Jacques' wine depot , November 17, 2011 (accessed on January 19, 2015).
- ↑ Apax press release from December 2004 .
- ↑ http://www.eqt.se/de/Portfolioununternehmen/Aktuelles-Portfolio/
- ↑ Christian Wölbert: Celle fashion company changes owner . in: HAZ of February 8, 2018
Coordinates: 52 ° 35 '36.2 " N , 10 ° 3' 36.8" E