At the University of Göttingen , where she completed her master's thesis in 1982, A Coptic Sermon attributed to Athanasius. "De anima et corpore" wrote and the 1992 dissertation Shenoute "De iudicio" doctorate was teaching since 2009 as a professor of Egyptology and Coptic Studies . Her research interests are Egyptian monasticism, Coptic literature, gender studies and the history of research in Egyptology.
Behlmer has been a full member of the Academy of Sciences in Göttingen , humanities and social sciences class , since 2012 . There she works as chairman of the steering committee of the research project “Complete Digital Edition and Translation of the Coptic - Sahidic Old Testament”, as a member of the research project “Cataloging of Oriental Manuscripts in Germany” and as a member of the Patristic Commission of the Union.
- as editor: ... Quaerentes Scientiam. Festgabe for Wolfhart Westendorf on his 70th birthday . Seminar for Egyptology and Coptology, Göttingen 1994, OCLC 716863097 .
- with Anthony Alcock : A Piece of Shenoutiana from the Department of Egyptian Antiquities (EA 71005) (= British Museum Occasional Paper , 119). British Museum, London 1996, ISBN 0-86159-119-4 .
- Schenute from Atripe. De iudicio (Torino, Museo Egizio, Cat. 63000, Cod. IV) (= Catalogo del Museo Egizio di Torino, Series Prima - Monumenti e Testi , Volume 8). Ministero per i Beni Culturali e Ambientali, Soprintendenza al Museo delle Antichità Egizie, Turin 1996, OCLC 39192459 (also dissertation, Göttingen 1992).
- as editor with Gerald Moers , Kai Widmaier and Katja Demuß: jn.t dr.w - Festschrift for Friedrich Junge . Seminar for Egyptology and Coptic Studies, Göttingen 2006, ISBN 3-00-018329-9 .
- as editor with Martin Tamcke : Christians in Egypt (= Göttinger Orientforschungen. Series 4 Egypt , Volume 60). Harrassowitz Verlag, Wiesbaden 2015, ISBN 978-3-447-10445-6 .
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Behlmer-Loprieno, Heike|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German Egyptologist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||July 7, 1958|