Helene von Damm
Helene von Damm emigrated to the United States in 1959. She served as Ronald Reagan's personal secretary for two terms both during the California governorate campaign in 1966 and as assistant and finance manager during his presidential campaign in 1980. When Reagan was elected President of the United States , received from Damm was given responsibility for the President's personnel department in 1981 and carried out this activity until she was appointed US ambassador to Austria in 1983.
Within two years, the third divorce and then the fourth marriage, with the Sacher Hotel owner Peter Gürtler , took place, which almost caused a scandal in the Austrian gossip columns. She lived with the actor Jürgen Wilke until his death in May 2016 .
Because of the discrepancy between her professional and personal lives, von Damm wrote to President Reagan in a personal letter in June 1985 that her resignation was inevitable. The position at the US Embassy in Vienna was filled again with Ronald Lauder in December .
List of positions
- United States Ambassador to Austria (1983-85)
- White House Staff Assistant to the President for Presidential Personnel (1982-83)
- White House Staff Director of Presidential Personnel (1981-82)
- United Service Organization World Board of Governors (past)
- Coro Foundation Public Affairs Leadership training
- American Medical Association Secretary, AMA PAC (1965)
- Forbes 2000
- Receipt of US citizenship (1959)
- Helene von Damm: Throw away fear, Helene . Paul Neff Verlag, Vienna 1987, ISBN 3-7014-0241-8 .
- Helene von Damm: At Reagan's Side: Twenty Years in the Political Mainstream . Doubleday, New York 1989, ISBN 0-3852-4445-2 .
- Literature by and about Helene von Damm in the catalog of the German National Library
- Helene von Damm in the Munzinger archive ( beginning of article freely accessible)
|SURNAME||Damm, Helene von|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||American politician, United States Ambassador|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 4, 1938|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Ulmerfeld|