Peukert began studying in Frankfurt am Main in 1976 and received a diploma in sociology in 1983 and in economics in 1986 . In 1991 he received a doctorate in political science and economics , and in 1994 a doctorate in philosophy . In September 1996 he was appointed professor of economics at the University of Latvia , where he remained until June 1997. From January of the same year he was a private lecturer at the University of Frankfurt .
From April 2003 Peukert was a university lecturer at the University of Erfurt, from 2006 an adjunct professor for finance and finance sociology. Since 2016 he has been an adjunct professor at the University of Siegen.
Peukert was interviewed by WDR in the program Monitor on the occasion of the financial crisis . He also writes comments for Deutschlandfunk and the Postwachstumsblog , in which he propagates a new currency system in the form of full money . He takes a position in daily political media such as the Süddeutsche Zeitung , the taz , the Junge Welt or the Frankfurter Rundschau .
He works as an author for the Gabler Wirtschaftslexikon . Peukert is a member of the advisory board of attac Germany and a founding member of the Society for Socio-Economic Education and Science (GSÖBW).
- Macroeconomic Textbooks: Science or Ideology? , Metropolis, Marburg 2018. ISBN 978-3 7316-1335-0 .
- Microeconomic Textbooks: Science or Ideology? , Metropolis, Marburg 2018, ISBN 978-3-7316-1303-9 .
- The Moneyfest: causes and solutions to the financial market and sovereign debt crisis . Metropolis, Marburg 2013, ISBN 978-3-7316-1042-7 .
- The Great Financial Market and National Debt Crisis: A Critically Heterodox Inquiry . Metropolis, Marburg 2013, ISBN 978-3-7316-1014-4 .
- The traditional concept of political science . de Gruyter Recht, Berlin 2005, ISBN 3-89949-217-X .
- Thomas Dürmeier, Tanja von Egan-Krieger, Helge Peukert (Ed.): The blinkers of economics. Postautistic economics for pluralistic economics. Metropolis, Marburg 2006, ISBN 3-89518-564-7 .
- Literature by and about Helge Peukert in the catalog of the German National Library
- Research area Plural Economics at the University of Siegen
- CV (PDF; 11 kB) on the website of the University of Erfurt. Retrieved February 3, 2012
- Description (PDF; 74 kB) at the Ecological-Social Market Economy Forum .
- Euro crisis - how hedge funds are betting against southern Europe , monitor from July 14, 2011, accessed on February 3, 2012
- New monetary system for Europe , Deutschlandfunk, November 21, 2011, accessed on February 3, 2012
- Author information on blog.postwachsen.de, accessed on February 3, 2012
- Helge Peukert at Gablers Wirtschaftslexikon , accessed on February 3, 2012
- Members of the scientific advisory board. In: Attac. Retrieved July 13, 2018 .
- Board of Directors | Society for Socio-Economic Education and Science. Retrieved March 13, 2018 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German economist and political scientist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||July 22, 1956|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Northeim|