Herbert Ernst Wiegand
Herbert Ernst Wiegand (born January 8, 1936 - January 3, 2018 ) was a German German studies scholar , dictionary researcher , university professor and science organizer.
life and work
Herbert Ernst Wiegand completed a degree in philosophy, history, German and political science, which he completed in 1966 with the state examination in German and political science. In 1968 he received his doctorate . In 1972 Wiegand became professor for theoretical linguistics in Faculty 8, General and German Linguistics and Philology, at the Philipps University of Marburg . After working at the University of Düsseldorf (1974–77), he worked from 1977 until his retirement in 2004 at the Ruprecht-Karls-Universität Heidelberg .
Wiegand's main research interests were semantics and dictionary research . In the German-speaking region, he has shaped the latter in particular through a large number of publications. In addition, Wiegand was co-founder and / or co-editor of several specialist journals and book series that are central to linguistics and dictionary research (including the magazine for German linguistics (ZGL) , the German linguistics series (RGL) , handbooks for linguistics and communication studies (HSK) , Lexicographica. Internationales) Yearbook for Lexicography ).
A detailed bibliography can be found on Wiegand's website.
- On the methodology of dictionary research: Selected research and representation methods for the dictionary form. In: Lexicographica 26. 2010, 249-350.
- (With Mª Teresa Fuentes Morán :) Estructuras lexicográficas. Aspectos centrales de una teoria de la forma del diccionario. Granada: Tragacanto 2010.
- International bibliography on German lexicography and dictionary research. With consideration of English, Nordic, Romance, Slavic and other metalexicographical research. 3 vols. Berlin: de Gruyter 2006–2007.
- Small fonts. A selection from the years 1970 to 1999 in two volumes. Vol. 1: 1970-1988; Vol. 2: 1988-1999. Edited by Matthias Kammerer and Werner Wolski. Berlin: de Gruyter 2000.
- Dictionary research. Studies on dictionary use, theory, history, criticism and automation of lexicography. 1st part. With 159 illustrations in the text. Berlin: de Gruyter 1998.
- 1996 Honorary Doctorate from Aarhus University
- 2000 honorary doctorate from Sofia University
- 2006 honorary doctorate from Stellenbosch University
-  - Homepage with academic résumé and extensive bibliography, accessed on January 4, 2018
- Literature by and about Herbert Ernst Wiegand in the catalog of the German National Library
- uni-heidelberg.de , accessed on March 28, 2013
- ↑ https://trauer.hna.de/trauerbeispiel/herberternst-wiegand
- ↑ uni-heidelberg.de: Honorary doctorate . Retrieved March 28, 2013 .
|SURNAME||Wiegand, Herbert Ernst|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German Germanist and lexicographer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||January 8, 1936|
|DATE OF DEATH||January 3, 2018|