Herbert Marx (table tennis player)
Herbert Marx (* late January 1932) is a German table tennis player who achieved his peak in the 1950s. He took part in a world championship.
Marx played for the TV 1848 Erlangen club . His first success was the victory in doubles in the Bavarian youth championship 1946/47 with Peter von Pierer , a year later this pairing won the German youth championship. In 1951 he won the Bavarian men's singles championship, 1955 doubles with von Pierer. In 1952 he had already won bronze in doubles with Toni Breumair at the all-German championships in East Berlin . In the German ranking list (excluding the GDR) he was ranked 10th in 1955.
In 1959 Marx was nominated for the individual competitions of the World Cup in Dortmund. Here he met the world class player Hans Alsér in the first round of the individual , to whom he was defeated. Also in doubles with Herbert Mayer , he was eliminated in the first round against the Poles Zbigniew Calinski / Janusz Kusinski.
In 1970 he became head of the TV 1848 Erlangen department.
With his sister Inge he won the Bavarian mixed championship in 1952/53.
Results from the ITTF database
|FRG||World Championship||1959||Dortmund||FRG||last 256||last 128||last 128|
- Hans Korn: Herbert Marx a fifty , DTS magazine , 1982/4 regional p. 19
- DTS magazine , 1982/4 regional p. 19
- http://www.bttv.de/sport/einzelsport/siegerliste-bem-dh/alle-meister-seit-19471948/ (accessed on October 30, 2010)
- Table tennis archive by Hans-Albert Meyer (accessed on October 30, 2010; PDF file; 82 kB)
- Table tennis magazine, official organ of the Lower Saxony table tennis association 2006/9 p. 3
- ITTF statistics ( memento of the original from January 10, 2016 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. (accessed on September 12, 2011)
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German table tennis player|
|DATE OF BIRTH||January 1932|