Hermann Kamp studied history, journalism and Romance philology at the universities of Mainz , Dijon , Munich and Münster . He received his doctorate in 1991 from the University of Münster with a thesis inspired and supervised by Joachim Wollasch on the foundations of the Burgundian Chancellor Nicolas Rolin . From 1991 to 2000, Kamp was a research assistant and assistant at the Universities of Gießen , Bonn and Münster. In 2000, Gerd Althoff did his habilitation at the University of Münster with the work of peacemakers and mediators in the Middle Ages . From 2000 to 2006, Kamp was a professor at the University of Münster. This was followed by deputy professors at the University of Münster (2006/2007) and the University of Paderborn (2008). Kamp has held the chair for Medieval History at the University of Paderborn since the 2008/2009 winter semester.
His main research interests are conflict management and peacemaking in the Middle Ages, the history of Burgundy in the Middle Ages as well as general political history in the High Middle Ages and the relationships between peoples and empires in the Middle Ages. In his dissertation, Kamp wants to open up a new period of time with a “microscopic method” based on Nicolas Rolin with the late Middle Ages. Previous research on the Memoria has focused on the early and high Middle Ages. In his Münster habilitation thesis he dealt with peacemaking and conflict resolution from the Merovingian period to the 14th century. Kamp is a member of the Konstanz working group for medieval history . In autumn 2016 he organized a Reichenau conference of the Constance Working Group for Medieval History on the subject of “Rulership over foreign peoples and empires. Forms, goals and problems of the politics of conquest in the Middle Ages ”.
- Burgundy. History and culture (= Beck series. Volume 2414). Beck, Munich 2007, ISBN 3-406-53614-X .
- Peacemaker and mediator in the Middle Ages (= symbolic communication in the premodern. ). Scientific Book Society, Darmstadt 2001, ISBN 3-534-15167-4 . ( Review )
- Memoria and self-expression. The foundations of the Burgundian Chancellor Rolin (= Francia. Research on Western European History. Volume 30). Thorbecke, Sigmaringen 1993, ISBN 3-7995-7330-5 . ( Online at perspectivia.net )
- together with Martin Kroker: Schwertmission. Violence and Christianization in the Middle Ages. Schöningh, Paderborn 2013, ISBN 978-3-506-77297-8 .
- together with Claudia Garnier : The rules of the game for those in power. Medieval politics between habits and conventions. Scientific Book Society, Darmstadt 2010, ISBN 978-3-534-23014-3 .
- Literature by and about Hermann Kamp in the catalog of the German National Library
- Page from Kamp at the University of Paderborn
- Publications by Hermann Kamp in the Opac of the Regesta Imperii
- See the review by Malte Prietzel in: Göttingische Gelehre Anzeige . 246, 1994, pp. 243-249; Claudia Märtl in: German Archive for Research into the Middle Ages . 53, 1997, pp. 713-714 ( digitized version ); Heribert Müller in: Historisches Jahrbuch 115, 1995, pp. 492–494 ( online ); Michael Borgolte in: Historische Zeitschrift 260 (1995), pp. 869-870.
- Hermann Kamp: Memoria and self-presentation. The foundations of the Burgundian Chancellor Rolin. Sigmaringen 1993, p. 16.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German historian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 15, 1959|