Hirai Yasutarō ( Japanese 平井 泰 太郎 ; born October 15, 1896 in Kobe , Japan ; † July 2, 1970 ) was a Japanese economist. He mainly dealt with the problems of general business administration , as well as international accounting and auditing .
Hirai attended the Kobe Commercial College and then the Tokyo Commercial College (now Hitotsubashi University ). From 1922 to 1924 he studied in Europe, among others with Heinrich Nicklisch in Berlin and Fritz Schmidt in Frankfurt am Main. After his stay in Europe he went to the USA .
Back in Japan he became professor of business administration at the University of Kobe . In 1926 he was one of the founders of the Japanese Society for Business Administration .
From 1937 to 1938 he stayed again in Germany and the USA. Particularly through his commitment, an independent business administration faculty was founded at the University of Kobe in 1949, the first in Japan.
He was the driving force behind the creation of a new title for outstanding academic achievement in Japan, the Doctor of Business Administration . In 1951 he became the first holder of the title with foundations of planned economy ( Toseikeizai no Teiru ). In 1960 he retired .
The Association of University Lecturers for Business Administration became an honorary member in 1968.
- with Alfred Isaac (Hrsg.): Source book of business economics. Berlin 1925.
- Introduction to business administration. ( Keieigaku Nyumon. ) Tokyo 1932.
- General business studies. ( Keieigaku Tsuron. ) Tokyo 1935.
- with Paul Deutsch (ed.): New business source book. Leipzig 1938.
- Planned economy and business administration. ( Toseikeizai to Keieikeizai. ) Tokyo 1942.
- Basics of the planned economy. ( Toseikeizai no Teiru. ) Tokyo 1951.
- (Ed.): Concise dictionary of business administration. ( Keieigaku Jiten. ) Tokyo 1952.
- Kiichi Ichihara : Two deserved representatives of Japanese business administration. In: ZfhF 1962, pp. 518-519.
- Keiichi Ichihara , Karl Hax : Mitteilungen - Obituary for three important business economists in Japan. In: ZfbF 1971, p. 251.
- cf. Kiichi 1962, Ichihara / Hax name October 10th
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||平井 泰 太郎 (Japanese)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Japanese economist and university professor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||October 15, 1896|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Kobe , Japan|
|DATE OF DEATH||2nd July 1970|