Jürgen Jürgens (moderator)
Jürgens began his career on November 11, 1969 at Sender Freie Berlin . One of the best-known programs was the presentation of the Hey Music listener chart , which was broadcast for the first time in 1967 and which he moderated from 1972. After a restructuring, the broadcasting slot switched from SFB 2 to the youth radio station Radio 4U in 1990 , where the program was named Top 98zwo . As head of music at Radio Berlin 88.8 , Jürgens continued the listener charts from 1992 onwards under her old name on Mondays from 7:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. On November 8th, 2010 from 7:15 pm to 9:58 pm, the 2000th edition of Hey Music with Jürgen Jürgens went on air on radioBERLIN 88.8 from the rbb. In November 2017 he retired, the last broadcast was a farewell gala on November 19 under the name 50 Years of Hey Music - Thank you, Jürgen Jürgens! broadcast, which was also broadcast on rbb television .
In addition to his role as a presenter, in 2007 Juergens published a book for the 40th anniversary of the show. In his spare time he also worked as a painter. His works were exhibited from February to April 2009 in the Berlin television center of Rundfunks Berlin-Brandenburg .
Jürgens was married to the singer and actress Elke Martens from October 2008 until his death and lived with her near Potsdam . He died in May 2018 at the age of 65 after a long and serious illness. His grave is in the Fahrland cemetery .
- Jürgen Jürgens: 40 years of “Hey Music”: the story of a cult program . 1st edition. Bostelmann & Siebenhaar, Berlin 2007, ISBN 3-936962-53-7 (80 pages).
- Radio legend Jürgen Jürgens is dead. In: RBB-Online.de. May 21, 2018, accessed May 21, 2018 .
- 50 years of "Hey Music": Germany's longest-serving hit parade is retiring - and with it its maker Jürgen Jürgens. In: press release. rbb, November 17, 2017, accessed May 22, 2018 .
- Radio presenter Jürgen Jürgens exhibits his pictures in the rbb gallery. In: RBB-Online.de. February 9, 2009, archived from the original on September 13, 2012 ; Retrieved November 16, 2009 .
- Elke Martens' wedding in the press. (PDF: 5.9 MB) In: ElkeMartens.de. October 30, 2008, accessed November 16, 2009 .
- rbb mourns Jürgen Jürgens - a great voice of Berlin has fallen silent. In: press release (presseportal.de). rbb, May 21, 2018, accessed May 22, 2018 .
- Jürgen Juergens. In: Obituaries. Berliner Morgenpost , July 1, 2018, accessed on October 10, 2018 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German radio host|
|DATE OF BIRTH||September 22, 1952|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Berlin|
|DATE OF DEATH||May 21, 2018|
|Place of death||Berlin|