|TV station ( public service )|
|Program type||Full program|
|reception||Digital: DVB-T2 , DVB-C , DVB-S , DVB-S2 , IPTV|
576i ( SDTV )
720p ( HDTV )
|Start of transmission||February 29, 2004|
|Seat||Berlin / Potsdam , Germany|
|Market share||in the transmission area: 6.3%
nationwide: 1.1% (2015)
|List of TV channels|
With the start of broadcasting of the RBB on May 1, 2003, the ORB television was renamed RBB Brandenburg and SFB1 was renamed RBB Berlin . However, until February 28, 2004, two different programs continued to be broadcast. On November 10, 2003, the joint programs rbb at 6 and zibb started - at home in Berlin and Brandenburg . On February 29, 2004 both channels merged to form rbb Fernsehen .
In the summer of 2004 the show Im Palais went on air and from September 23, 2004 Kurt Krömer presented his own show. On January 23, 2007, Eisbär Knut made his first appearance in a contribution to the Berlin evening show, which later sparked a Knut cult. From then on, the rbb produced several documentaries about the polar bear for rbb television and Das Erste . On September 5th, 2009 rbb television broadcast the 24-hour documentary about Berlin in real time 24h Berlin together with ARTE . It was shot in HD exactly one year earlier by 80 filming teams. Until November 2009 Michael Kessler drove through Berlin with the Berlin Night Taxe launched in October 2006 . At the end of 2009, the rbb announced the discontinuation of the programs film projectionists and the environmental and science program Ozon . The program Ozon was to be divided into the two formats “Ozon - Die Reportage” and “Ozon - Der Film”, which in 30 minutes should only deal with one topic from science and environmental protection. The program film projectionist was discontinued at the end of 2009. After protests against the discontinuation of ozone , the program has been continued as a mono-thematic reportage program OZON en route since May 2010 . Since May 10, 2010, Brandenburg currently broadcasts with a new design and from a newly designed studio. From August 23, 2010 a new series of programs with Michael Kessler, Kessler's expedition, followed .
Since February 1st, 2009 the rbb has been using the former on-air design. The Interstate font family , which has been adapted for use on air , was used throughout the programs and productions of the rbb . The design consisted mainly of a flip-over effect in red and white that split the image in half vertically. A trailer three-sentence was introduced by a verb like “Today” or “Tomorrow” in white on a dark red background, before a full-screen preview of the program opened. The broadcast time was under the logo as a watermark in the second half. The picture then flipped over again so that the title of the program could be seen one after the other on one half and the moving picture of the program on the other half. Then the rule of three changed to a general overview, where the program images ran as stills in the upper half and the program was listed in the lower half. The beginning and end was the flip-over effect on a red background, so that several trailers could be played seamlessly one after the other.
In contrast to other broadcasters, where the clips are composed and played live with animations, the rbb's program trailers were completely pre-produced and played one after the other in the program.
The on-air design was created in the Boris Red animation program by the UnitedSenses design studio .
New design from 2012
Since August 13, 2012, the rbb has been broadcasting in a new design under the motto “The full program”. In addition to an expanded regional offering, documentaries and entertainment are also broadcast.
Since April 2, 2012, the rbb has also been offering its own media library for delayed viewing of rbb television programs and listening to missed radio programs from rbb radio programs.
The programs rbb um 6 and zibb belong to the daily magazines of rbb television.
The now discontinued Zeitgeist magazine Polylux and its short-lived offshoot Monolux were produced under the leadership of rbb .
The half-hourly program Łužyca is broadcast monthly for the Brandenburg Sorbs in Lower Sorbian . “Kowalski & Schmidt” (until 2012 “Kowalski meets Schmidt”) and the “Warsaw Notes” deal with Polish-German relations.
The rbb television broadcast the "television evening" every Saturday evening, which dealt exclusively with one topic each week. This series became known with the name "TV evening", which was retained from the SFB times.
The late night show “GuseBerlin” has been broadcast on rbb since 2012. Fritz presenter Chris Guse started this show on the Internet in early 2012.
In addition to broadcasting via DVB-T in Berlin and Brandenburg and neighboring federal states, the station is also broadcast digitally via cable nationwide and also offered in analogue in some cable networks. In addition, Astra 1 is broadcasting via satellite at position 19.2 °. A version for Berlin with the evening show and a version for Brandenburg with Brandenburg Aktuell are available. Since December 5, 2013 rbb television has been broadcasting in parallel in HD and standard definition.
The program is also offered on the Internet. Including at Zattoo and IPTV providers such as Telekom Entertain. Since June 8, 2013, an internet stream has also been offered on the rbb website. In addition, selected programs are available for viewing in the rbb media library.
- Quota ranking of the third programs - NDR and MDR at the front, RBB at the back ( Memento of the original from March 5, 2016 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. in: Der Tagesspiegel from December 29, 2015, accessed on March 4, 2016
- Press release of the RBB from November 6, 2009
- Märkische Allgemeine Zeitung: Politicians and scientists protest against the format change of the RBB magazine "Ozon" at prowissen-potsdam.de, January 21, 2010
- Press release of the Green League: For the preservation of the science and environmental magazine Ozon - against a change in the transmission format ( Memento of the original from March 8, 2017 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Thomas Lippl Art Direction & Design
- "The full program" - New accents on rbb television
- DWDL.de GmbH: RBB Reform: "RBB current" is "RBB24" Thadeusz talkt - DWDL.de . In: DWDL.de . ( dwdl.de [accessed on September 13, 2018]).
- What are the broadcast frequencies (transponder data) of the ARD's HD programs since April 30th? Archived from the original on May 4, 2012 ; Retrieved December 18, 2013 .