|TV station ( public service )|
|Program type||Full program|
|reception||Antenna , cable , satellite , streaming digital|
576i ( SDTV )
720p ( HDTV ) ( BR television HD )
|Start of transmission||September 22, 1964|
|Seat||Munich , Germany|
|Program director||Reinhard Scolik|
|List of TV channels|
Bavarian television began broadcasting on September 22, 1964 under the name of study program . It is the oldest third program in Germany. In addition, the BR has been delivering television programs for the ARD community program since 1954, initially as a Bavarian regional magazine, from November 8, 1954 under the title Die Münchner Abendschau . Today's evening show as a former regional window on ARD is now considered the beginning of the television era in Bavaria.
In November 1985, the broadcast of the program started via satellite, initially on Intelsat V . As a result, Bavarian television was fed into practically all West German cable networks.
The motto "Bavarian Television - The World from Bavaria" has been used since 2005. For this purpose video clips were produced, among others with the presenter Sabine Sauer and the Fürth comedy duo Martin Rassau and Volker Heissmann .
On April 11, 2016, Bavarian TV received a changed logo, a new on-air design and a new program schedule. A significant change in the program was the takeover of the ARD Tagesschau at 8:00 p.m. In addition, the news program Rundschau was given a new design and new slots. The previous claim of the Bavarian television, Because I am at home , has been retained.
According to the 2014 annual report, 8% of the total of 3,054 permanent employees (permanent positions) at Bayerischer Rundfunk were assigned to the television sector, ie the television directorate with a total of 253 permanent positions. According to the 2014 BR annual report, the information directorate, which is responsible for providing information on BR radio, BR television and the online services of Bayerischer Rundfunk, had a total of 260 posts. In comparison, the administration of Bayerischer Rundfunk, consisting of the directorship, legal directorate and administrative directorate with 627 permanent employees, employed more than twice as many permanent employees as the information directorate responsible for the entire tri-media information offer of Bayerischer Rundfunk.
With an average nationwide market share of 1.7% in 2015, BR Fernsehen was in fifth place in comparison with the other third television programs . NDR television leads the ratings ranking with 2.5% , followed by WDR television with a Germany-wide market share of 2.2%, MDR television with 2.0%, and then SWR television with 1.8 percent. It is followed by BR television with hr television with 1.2% and rbb television with 1.1%. The ranking of the third ARD programs is unchanged for 2014 and 2015.
The position of BR television from a regional point of view and the ranking of the channels within ARD are somewhat different if the audience ratings for 2015 in the respective broadcasting areas of the third ARD programs are compared with one another. With a market share of 7.5% (2014: 7.1%), BR Fernsehen was in third place after NDR and MDR television. In 2015, the MDR held its long-established top position with a market share of 9.0% (same as 2014), while the NDR was at 7.8% in 2015 (2014: 8.1%). HR television had a rate of 7.0 percent in 2015 (2014: 6.6%), SWR television 6.9% (2014: 6.7%). In 2015, WDR television lost a market share of 6.6% by 0.6 percentage points compared to 2014. In 2015, as in previous years, rbb television took last place in the ranking of third ARD programs with 6.3 percent (2014: 6.2 percent).
According to the broadcaster, around two thirds of the programs on BR TV fall under the information category. The focus is on regional reporting and on socio-political and culturally oriented programs. During the main usage times, the company broadcasts its own productions almost exclusively.
In October 2007 Bayerischer Rundfunk relaunched its programs. The BR television also experienced a program modernization. The old program scheme was adapted, renewed and modified according to modern conditions. The Rundschau, on the other hand, was only modified to a minor extent.
On January 7, 2013, BR Fernsehen changed its program again in order to better accommodate the new viewing habits of viewers in the evening. A later, uniform daily broadcast time for Rundschau magazine, namely 9:45 p.m., was set as the central point for the new program schedule. In addition, programs that appeal to roughly the same viewers have been put on a broadcast day and program slots for programs that appeal to younger viewers have been included in the new scheme.
With the renaming of Bavarian TV to BR Fernsehen on April 11, 2016, there were also some changes in the program schedule, including the broadcast of the ARD Tagesschau at 8:00 p.m., only from the moderation of the weather forecast on the regular Tagesschau weather map the BR and shows its own forecast for Germany in general and Bavaria in particular. The most serious changes were in the news program Rundschau , which received a new studio, a new design, new content and new slots. There were also many new features for the 7:00 p.m. programs and the late-night programs.
Channel ID ( corner logo ) of BR Fernsehen HD since April 11, 2016
Channel identification ( corner logo ) of BR Fernsehen Süd HD since April 11, 2016
- Change in the television management: Dr. Reinhard Scolik new BR television director. Bayerischer Rundfunk, March 1, 2016, accessed on March 1, 2016 .
- 50 Years of Bavarian Television, accessed on November 11, 2014 ( Memento from December 18, 2007 in the Internet Archive )
- Anniversary: 60 years of evening show. Bayerischer Rundfunk, November 5, 2014, accessed on November 11, 2014 .
- ARD press release: Action week for the analog-digital switch. ARD, April 6, 2011, accessed on January 2, 2016 .
- Best quality: Bavarian television broadcasts in native HD. Bayerischer Rundfunk, November 4, 2014, accessed on November 4, 2014 .
- Bayerischer Rundfunk: Further developed television program scheme started. Bayerischer Rundfunk, April 11, 2016, accessed on April 12, 2016 .
- Uwe Mantel: New name, new scheme: BR Fernsehen will be completely renovated on April 11th. DWDL, March 17, 2016, accessed on March 19, 2019 .
- Annual report: BR closes 2014 with declining earnings with a slight minus. Bayerischer Rundfunk, July 9, 2015, accessed on January 2, 2016 .
- Joachim Huber: Quota ranking of the third programs: NDR and MDR in front, RBB in the back. Der Tagesspiegel, December 29, 2015, accessed on January 2, 2016 .
- TV usage: balance sheet Bayerisches Fernsehen 2015. Bayerischer Rundfunk, December 30, 2015, accessed on January 2, 2016 .
- Bavarian television: All broadcasts. Bayerischer Rundfunk, accessed on March 13, 2012 .
- Bayerischer Rundfunk: Further developed television program schedule can start on April 11th. Bayerischer Rundfunk, March 17, 2016, accessed on March 18, 2016 .