|Radio station ( public service )|
|reception||analog terrestrial , cable , satellite , DAB , livestream|
|Start of transmission||January 31, 1948|
|Program director||Maximilian Berg|
|List of radio stations|
Bayern 1 has historically emerged from the first, until 1950 only, radio program of the Bavarian Broadcasting Corporation and is a so-called full program . The program reform of January 1, 1974 gave it its official name Bavaria 1 . The station is aimed at a middle-aged audience and offers not only the music format in the Adult Contemporary category (audible format radio for adults), but also newer pop music as well as information and comprehensive, regional reporting.
Regional program: During the day, Bayern 1 broadcasts regional news and one hour regional magazine between 12 noon and 1 p.m. The broadcast is split from the five regional editorial offices Franconia , Upper Bavaria , Lower Bavaria / Upper Palatinate , Swabia and Main Franconia . Until the end of 2015 there was a separate regional program for Munich , which was discontinued for cost reasons; the editorial staff was dissolved and integrated into the editorial staff for Upper Bavaria. At the beginning of October 2015, the change first took place in the midday magazine, at the turn of the year 2015/2016 also in the regional news.
Night program: After midnight, Bayern 1 took over the ARD hit night from SR 3 Saarlandwelle until March 7, 2016, or on Sunday the rhythm of the night and (after 4 a.m.) the ARD hit night from WDR 4 . Since March 8, 2016, the night on Bayern 1 and on Sunday Bayern 1 Night Fever - The long disco night has been broadcast for Bavaria . The nighttime broadcast is unmoderated, but the weather and traffic reports from Bayern 3 are taken over at the same time and stored with the Bayern-1 music beds . Likewise, in the event of acute danger reports (e.g. ghost drivers ), the current Bayern 1 program is interrupted by the Bayern 3 moderator. Always follow directly after the 24 o'clock news sung Bayernhymne , the German national anthem as well as instrumental , the European anthem .
The changing color of Bayern 1 music: Before 1996 Bayern 1 broadcast almost exclusively German-language and folk music . After internal surveys regarding the musical taste of their target group ("In the middle of life"), those responsible decided on an oldie-based music format that has presented hits from the 1970s and 1980s since autumn 2013, mainly from pop music and folk music. Rock and soft rock . Since 2016, newer pop music has also been played occasionally.
- Musical / Operetta - In January 2013, the programs on musical and operetta melodies were discontinued. This - the classical music - was outsourced to BR-Klassik .
- Schlager - After the program was oriented towards oldies in 2013, the German Schlagerparade and the show Deutsch nach Acht remained . These were later also completely discontinued and all hits were moved to the digital channel Bayern plus .
- Folk music - For a long time, the program hour from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. was reserved for folk music . On Sunday morning there was at 11am for an hour wind music . Since BR Heimat started broadcasting on February 2, 2015, folk and brass music has also been broadcast 24 hours a day on the new digital program. The restructuring meant that from May 15, 2016, folk and brass music was no longer broadcast on Bayern 1. Since then, folk and brass music can only be heard on BR Heimat. Several petitions were directed against this in Bavaria, which were aimed at preserving the folk music tradition in the Bayern 1 program. The initiators of the petitions pleaded for the preservation of the Bavarian cultural property, which in their opinion was endangered, wanted a renaissance of folk music and criticized the lack of focus of the program on the listeners in their opinion.
- Bedtime treats: Since January 8, 2019, the bedtime treats that used to be broadcast daily at 7:55 p.m. on Bayern 1 are now broadcast Monday to Saturday at 6:53 p.m. on Bayern 2. BR Heimat alone sends it at 19:55.
Popular programs: The program Today in the Stadium , which reports from 3 to 6 p.m. on Saturday from 3 to 6 p.m. on Saturday, always reports on the current game day of the Bundesliga and takes over the Bundesliga conference of the ARD, as well as the Sunday celebrity talk show The Blue Couch from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. is particularly popular , which has also been broadcast on weekdays from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. since January 8, 2019.
Moderators on Bayern 1 are and were u. a. Christoph Deumling , Uwe Erdelt, Marcus Fahn , Gabi Fischer, Uwe Gürtler, Jürgen Kaul, Stephan Lehmann , Ulla Müller, Tilmann Schöberl , Melitta Varlam, Susanne Rohrer , Tom Glas, Achim Zeppenfeld , Fritz Egner and Dominique Knoll.
It is broadcast across Bavaria via FM and DAB + and is fed into all cable networks there. In addition, the program is available via Deukom , DVB-S (regional window Upper Bavaria) and DVB-C as well as on the Internet. In South Tyrol , Bayern 1 is broadcast by the Südtirol broadcaster in the DAB + standard.
The audience acceptance of Bayern 1 is expressed in the survey evaluations of the Arbeitsgemeinschaft Media-Analyze e. V. (agma) in the Media Analysis Audio (ma Audio). According to this, 3.31 million people across Germany listen to Bavaria 1 every day. The stated daily range in Bavaria is 27.6 percent (ma 2020 Audio II).
Looking back, Franz Kotteder comes to the conclusion
“Bayern 1 was always very, very Bavarian. […] On Sunday noon there is still the ringing of twelve twelve , during which a certain church somewhere in Bavaria is presented for five minutes, accompanied by very specific bells. There was the "Commentary on Bavarian State Policy " by Bernhard Ücker Saturday for Saturday . It was reliably black like the inner workings of a country pastor, because the CSU never, never, never got off badly. Unless they'd just grabbed some liberal tendency, which rarely happened.
Then there was the roast pork music, which of course had a different name: Bavarian brass music, for an hour on Sundays for lunch. Ever came much traditional folk music, for example in the daily broadcast in the evening in the Stubn , then was time for dulcimer , zither and Dreigesang . [...]
The request concert with Fred Rauch used to run on Bayern 1, and of course there were moderators close to the people, above all Gustl Weishappel, who announced "the temperature from the windowsill" every morning. "
- New boss for MDR Sputnik, "257ers" at bigFM from: DWDL.de , radio update from October 8, 2015.
- Bauer joins Finland, Siller stops at SWR1 : DWDL.de , radio update from December 17, 2015.
- Programmkalender – Bayern 1–Radio–BR.de ( Memento from February 4, 2016 in the Internet Archive )
- Andreas Huber: 18,000 signatures against folk music-Aus on Bayern 1. Münchner Merkur , local editorial office Icking , May 16, 2016.
- media analysis 2020 Audio II: BR-Hörfunk still top , www.br.de.
- Franz Kotteder : Melodies for Millions. Süddeutsche Zeitung , August 7, 2017, accessed on August 8, 2017 .