Büchel grew up with eight siblings in a farming family. He completed a commercial apprenticeship at the Liechtensteinische Landesbank , after which he graduated from the Federal State . dipl. Bank specialist and took management courses. From 1973 to 1999 he was employed by the LLB (from 1992 as Vice Director), from 2008 to 2011 at the Department of Economics. Büchel sat from 1987 to 1995 in the City Council and was 1,999 to 2,007 community leaders from Ruggell .
At the VU party convention on September 26, 2011 in Balzers , Büchel was elected to succeed Adolf Heeb . From 2008 to 2011 he was President of the Liechtenstein Sports Commission. In November 2015 he was replaced as party president by Günther Fritz .
Büchel has three children.
- HLFL editor: Büchel, Jakob. In: Historical Lexicon of the Principality of Liechtenstein .
- Jakob Büchel is to become the new VU President , June 27, 2011, Liechtenstein Fatherland
- Jakob Büchel is to become VU President , June 27, 2011, Liechtensteiner Volksblatt
- Sports Commission: Jakob Büchel resigns , August 24, 2011, Liechtensteiner Volksblatt
- Günther Fritz nominated as VU President , August 31, 2015, Liechtensteiner Vaterland
- VU party congress: Günther Fritz new president , November 13, 2015, Liechtensteiner Volksblatt
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Liechtenstein politician and party president of the Patriotic Union|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 20, 1955|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Altstätten|