Joachim Heinzle (born August 2, 1945 in Konstanz ) is a German Germanic Medievalist . He is Professor Emeritus for Older German Language and Literature at the Institute for German Philology of the Middle Ages at the Philipps University of Marburg . In addition, Heinzle acted until 2010 as the editor of the " Zeitschrift für deutsches Altertum ", an old Germanist specialist journal. His main research interests include the Nibelungenlied and the heroic epic .
The anthology introduced by Heinzle, Modernes Mittelalter, combines literary and historical aspects in order to present new research questions for this epoch. These are u. a. the concept of the Middle Ages ( Peter von Moos ), courtly culture ( Joachim Bumke ), folk culture ( Werner Mezger ), amicable conflict resolution through satisfaction and rituals ( Gerd Althoff ), the just judge (Heinzle), the memoria ( Otto Gerhard Oexle ), the relationship between orality , writing and fictionality ( Walter Haug ) or the visual language.
- (Ed.) Modern Middle Ages. New pictures of a popular era , Frankfurt / Main etc .: insel 1994. ISBN 3-458-34213-3 .
- (Author) Die Nibelungen , Darmstadt: Primus 2010. ISBN 978-3-896788245 .
- (Author) Middle High German Dietrichepik. Investigations on the way of tradition, critique of tradition and genre history of later hero poetry (Munich texts and investigations on the literature of the Middle Ages 62), Munich: Artemis 1976. ISBN 3-7608-3362-4 .
- with Kurt Gärtner (Ed.): Studies on Wolfram von Eschenbach. Festschrift for Werner Schröder on his 75th birthday. Tubingen 1989.
- (Ed.) Translating in the Middle Ages. Cambridge Colloquium 1994. Berlin (= publication by the Wolfram-von-Eschenbach Society ).
- Traditional storytelling . Stuttgart: Hirzel 2014. ISBN 978-3-7776-2407-5 .
- Literature by and about Joachim Heinzle in the catalog of the German National Library
- Publications by Joachim Heinzle in the Opac of the Regesta Imperii
- Personal website at the Institute for German Philology in Marburg
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German philologist, professor for older German language and literature|
|DATE OF BIRTH||August 2, 1945|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Constancy|