Johann Friedrich Goldbeck
Johann Friedrich Goldbeck (born September 22, 1748 in Insterburg , East Prussia , † April 9, 1812 in Schaaken , Königsberg district , East Prussia) was a German Protestant theologian and topographer in Königsberg i. Pr.
Goldbeck first attended the great Latin city school in Insterburg and from 1761 to 1764 the Friedrichskollegium in Königsberg. From 1764 he studied theology at the University of Königsberg . In 1769 he became court master of a Prussian nobleman, whom he accompanied to Magdeburg in 1771 . In 1772 he became a teacher at the Berge monastery , a Benedictine monastery near Magdeburg . A year later he became a chaplain to the Infantry Regiment v. Rohr (No. 15) in Graudenz . In 1783 he was appointed archpriest (superintendent) of the parish of Schaaken .
After some publications on theological and pedagogical topics, Goldbeck published his Literary News from Prussia , which is still used today, from 1781 , which consists of two parts. His most important work is his two-part Complete Topography of the Kingdom of Prussia (1785 and 1789).
- Goldbeck was an honorary member of the Royal German Society (Königsberg) .
- On the upbringing of orphans: Dedicated to all benevolent princes and generous philanthropists , 1781.
- News from the royal university at Königsberg in Prussia and the teaching, schooling and educational institutions located there . Graudenz 1782 ( Online, Google ).
Literary news from Prussia
- Volume 1, Leipzig and Dessau 1781 ( Online, MDZ ).
- Volume 2, Leipzig and Dessau 1783 ( Online, Google )
Complete topography of the Kingdom of Prussia .
- Part I: Topography of East Prussia , Königsberg and Leipzig 1785 ( Online, Google ); Complete topography of the East Prussian Cammer Department ( online, Google ); Complete topography of the Littthau Cammer department ( online, Google )
- Part II: Topography of West Prussia , Marienwerder 1789
- Section 1: Systematic Geographical Design of West Prussia ( Online, Google );
- Section 2: Complete topography of the West Prussian Cammer Department ( Online, Google )
- Old Prussian biography (Christian Krollmann, ed.), Volume 1, Elwert, Marburg / Lahn 1974.
- ↑ a b A. E. Henning: Topographical-historical description of the city of Insterburg . Königsberg 1794, p. 32.
|SURNAME||Goldbeck, Johann Friedrich|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Theologian and topographical writer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||September 22, 1748|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Insterburg|
|DATE OF DEATH||April 9, 1812|
|Place of death||Schaaken, Koenigsberg District , East Prussia|