Joseph Hubbard Echols
Joseph Hubbard Echols (born December 25, 1816 in Washington , Georgia , † September 23, 1885 in Lexington , Georgia) was an American plantation owner and politician . Little is known about his personal life. Echols was a Methodist . He married Martha Ellen Smith (1825-1885), daughter of Robert S. Smith (1787-1859). The couple had at least one child: Moina H. (* 1846). In 1861 he was a member of the Georgia Senate . Echols represented the sixth constituency of Georgia in the Second Confederate Congress from 1864 to 1865 . He was also President of the Madison Female Academy in Georgia. After his death in 1885, he was buried in the cemetery of the Beth-Salem Presbyterian Church in Lexington.
- Martha Ellen Smith Echols in the Find a Grave database . Retrieved January 24, 2015.
- Moina H. Echols Johnson in the Find a Grave database . Retrieved January 24, 2015.
- yearns Wilfred Buck: The Confederate Congress , University of Georgia Press, 2010, ISBN 9780820334769 , p 239
- Joseph Hubbard Echols in the database of Find a Grave (English)
- Joseph Hubbard Echols on The Political Graveyard website
|SURNAME||Echols, Joseph Hubbard|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||American plantation owner and politician|
|DATE OF BIRTH||December 25, 1816|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Washington , Georgia|
|DATE OF DEATH||September 23, 1885|
|Place of death||Lexington , Georgia|