|Civil name:||Vector SMG|
|Developer / Manufacturer:||KRISS USA|
|Manufacturer country:||United States|
|Production time:||since 2009|
|Weapon Category:||Personal Defense Weapon|
|Weight: (unloaded)||2.7 kg|
|Barrel length :||140 mm|
10 mm Auto
.40 B & W
9 × 19 mm
|Possible magazine fillings :||Optionally 10/17/19/33 cartridges|
|Cadence :||1500 rounds / min, 1200 rounds / min|
|Fire types:||Single fire, 2-shot burst, continuous fire|
|Visor :||Open sights|
|Mounting system:||Picatinny rail|
|Closure :||unlocked ground lock|
|Charging principle:||Recoil loader|
|Lists on the subject|
The KRISS Vector (derived from Kris ) is a submachine gun developed by KRISS USA (formerly Transformational Defense Industries ) . A special technical feature of this weapon is a partially vertically moved mass lock .
The basic idea behind the TDI KRISS Vector is good controllability of bursts of fire . By a low for the most part guided by the bottom closure and in relation to the handle running the decreased by Renaud Kerbrat developed and further (see Patent Information) so-called Super V system to recoil . This system is an unlocked mass lock that takes up more space than other locks due to the downward sliding component of the lock.
According to in-house tests, the increase in the muzzle was 90% and the perceived recoil 60% less than with the HK MP5 , the latter being tested in the 9 × 19 mm caliber and the TDI KRISS Vector with the larger .45 ACP . The TDI KRISS Vector was designed for the .45 ACP caliber because of the higher man-stopping effect .
According to the manufacturer, the development of self-loading shotguns with the Super V system is largely complete. A project to develop machine guns in the 12.7 × 99 mm NATO caliber with the Super V system is taking place in cooperation with the Armament Research, Development and Engineering Center (ARDEC) of the US Army in the Picatinny Arsenal .
( shot )
|Vector SMG||617 (406)||140||175||2.5||
semi, fully automatic ,
|Vector CRB / SO||884 (673)||406||2.6||150|
- Patent US2004025680 : Firearm with enhanced recoil and control characteristics. Published on February 12, 2004 , Applicant: GAMMA KDG SYSTEMS SA , Inventor: JEBSEN JAN HENRIK [CH]; KERBRAT RENAUD [CH]; JENNY KLAUS [CH] .
- Patent US2010064566 : Firearm with enhanced recoil and control characteristics. Published on March 18, 2010 , Applicant: GAMMA KDG SYSTEMS SA , Inventor: JEBSEN JAN HENRIK [CH]; KERBRAT RENAUD [CH]; JENNY KLAUS [CH] .
- Visier, April 2008 issue, page 6, title: The Egg of Columbus (report on Kriss Vector SMG )
- Tim Lindsay, Transformational Defense Industries, TDI Kriss Super V ™ , development information (accessed April 12, 2010)
- TDI KRISS Vector product description, official manufacturer's website, (accessed on April 12, 2010) ( Memento of the original from January 1, 2012 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- KRISS Vector CRB / SO ™ .45 ACP , official manufacturer website, (accessed on April 12, 2010)
- Small Arms Review , press release, February 2009 (accessed April 12, 2010) (PDF; 4.6 MB)