Live and act
Knud Jeppesen was a composition student of Carl Nielsen and received his doctorate in 1922 at the University of Vienna under Guido Adler on the subject of the treatment of dissonance in the works of Palestrina .
He taught since 1920 at the Royal Conservatory and at the University in Copenhagen . He was the organist at the Holmens Kirke . He is the author of the textbook counterpoint. Textbook of classical vocal polyphony , which has been published and translated many times, is dedicated to "Carl Nielsen the unforgettable teacher and friends in memoriam". This classical introduction focuses on the polyphonic vocal style that Palestrina had perfected.
- The treatment of dissonance in the works of Palestrina (1922)
- The Copenhagen Chansonier (1927)
- Counterpoint. Textbook of classical vocal polyphony (preface by Theodor Kroyer). Breitkopf & Härtel, Leipzig 1935 (German translation) first 1930.
- Thomas Holme Hansen: Knud Jeppesen catalog. (PDF) kb.dk, 2001
- Obituary (partial view). JSTOR 23230882
References and footnotes
- 1946. Text Archive - Internet Archive
- Clara Marvin: Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina: A Research Guide. P. 301 .
- English: Counterpoint: the polyphonic vocal style of the sixteenth century. (1939) Textarchiv - Internet Archive
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Jeppesen, Knud Christian|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Danish music researcher and composer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||August 15, 1892|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Copenhagen|
|DATE OF DEATH||June 14, 1974|
|Place of death||Risskov , Aarhus|