War memorial (Venn)
The memorial was built in the 18th century. It was entered under No. B 172 on September 30, 2009 in the monuments list of the city of Mönchengladbach .
The war memorial is located in the area where Beltinghovener Straße joins Roermonder Straße, in the Beltinghoven district and consists of two crucifixes:
The older cross is a small, simple cross carved from basalt lava and can be dated to the 18th century. The deepened visible surface is framed by a framing bar and carries a heart-shaped stylized flower vase that holds three flowers. A round bar is inserted in the angle between the horizontal crossbeam and the vertical cross stem .
The younger cross is much larger and measures three meters. It is also carved from basaltic lava. The slim cross trunk shows a fine overhaul. He carries a modern designed paw cross with the figure of the risen Christ . In front of this cross there is a boulder with the inscription "Commemorating our dead 1914–1918 1939–1945".
- Paul Clemen: The art monuments of the cities and districts of Gladbach and Krefeld (= The art monuments of the Rhine province . Third volume, No. IV ). Schwann, Düsseldorf 1893 ( http: //vorlage_digitalisat.test/1%3D~GB%3D~IA%3Ddiekunstdenkmle00clemgoog~MDZ%3D%0A~SZ%3D~doppelseiten%3D~LT%3D~PUR%3D [accessed on June 2, 2012]).
- List of monuments of the city of Mönchengladbach. (PDF; 234.24 kB) In: moenchengladbach.de. City of Mönchengladbach, July 4, 2011, accessed on June 2, 2012 .
- Andrea Caspers: Monuments list of the city of Mönchengladbach. (PDF; 227.14 kB) In: moenchengladbach.de. April 24, 2012. Retrieved September 23, 2012 .
- Käthe Limburg, Bernd Limburg: Monuments in the city of Mönchengladbach. In: on the way & at home - homepage of Käthe and Bernd Limburg. July 18, 2011, accessed February 27, 2014 .
- Monuments list of the city of Mönchengladbach ( Memento of the original from October 7, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.