Kurt Schilde (born November 21, 1947 in Berlin ) is a German historian and sociologist who researched primarily on National Socialism and the culture of remembrance of National Socialism in Berlin and has published numerous publications.
Schilde graduated from a business school in 1966 . From 1966 to 1972 he learned the profession of industrial clerk at Siemens in Berlin and worked in this profession. He then studied and obtained a degree in business administration from the University of Applied Sciences in Berlin in 1975 and a degree in sociology from the Free University of Berlin in 1981 .
From 1977 to 1981 he worked as an educational advisor in family welfare in Berlin, until 1987 he was youth group leader and football coach within the framework of holiday education. From 1987 to 1990 he was a research assistant at the Heimatmuseum Tempelhof , where he created a memorial book for the victims of National Socialism in the Tempelhof district . From 1991 to 1992, Schilde was a pedagogical employee at the Memorial House of the Wannsee Conference and from 1993 to 1994 again a research assistant at the local history museum of the Berlin Tiergarten district office on the subject of the survival of persecuted Jews in the underground during the Nazi era.
In 1994 he received his doctorate in modern history at the TU Berlin with a thesis on youth opposition to National Socialism. Between 1997 and 1999, Schilde was a research assistant at the Center for Research on Antisemitism at the Technical University of Berlin in the project Rescuing Jews in National Socialist Germany . Since 1999 Schilde has been a research assistant at the University of Siegen within the framework of various projects , and since 2004 he has worked on the research project: History of Social Work in Eastern Europe (1900–1960).
- Bureaucracy of Death: Life Stories of Jewish Victims of the Nazi Regime as Reflected in Tax Office Files . With a foreword by Hans Eichel . Metropol Verlag, Berlin 2002, ISBN 3-932482-70-0 (series of documents, texts, materials of the Center for Research on Antisemitism, Volume 45).
- (together with Sabine Hering ): The BDM work “ Faith and Beauty ”: The organization of young women under National Socialism . Leske and Budrich, Opladen 2004, ISBN 3-8100-3559-9 .
- (together with several employees): Hiding in Tiergarten: on the run from the neighbors; Memorial book for those in hiding in the district during the Nazi era / [Ed .: Förderverein für das Heimatmuseum Tiergarten eV] Weidler, Berlin 1995, ISBN 3-925191-92-5 .
- From Columbia-Haus to Schulenburgring: Documentation with life stories of victims of the resistance and persecution from 1933–1945 from the Tempelhof district . Edited by the Tempelhof District Office of Berlin on the occasion of the creation of the “Memorial Book for the Victims of National Socialism from the Tempelhof District”. Edition Hentrich Verlag, Berlin 1987, ISBN 3-926175-40-0
- District Office Tempelhof of Berlin (Ed.): Remember - and don't forget: Documentation on the memorial book for the victims of National Socialism from the Tempelhof district , with a foreword by Klaus Wowereit and a closing word by Klaus Scheurenberg. Edition Hentrich, Berlin 1988, ISBN 3-926175-55-9
- Tempelhof district office of Berlin (ed.): Memorial book for the victims of National Socialism from the Tempelhof district (texts: Kurt Schilde). 2nd expanded edition. District Office Tempelhof, Department of Public Education, Heimatmuseum, Berlin 1988
- Youth opposition 1933–1945 . Lukas-Verlag, Berlin 2007, ISBN 978-3-86732-009-2 .
- "That was the end". Trade unionists murdered in Berlin in 1933 by the National Socialist terror . In: Yearbook for Research on the History of the Labor Movement , Volume III / 2013.
- "This will probably be our downfall." The report by Erich and Elsbeth Frey to their emigrated daughters (1942) , Lukas Verlag Berlin, 2019, ISBN 978-3-86732-304-8 .
- Literature by and about Kurt Schilde in the catalog of the German National Library
- Short biography and reviews of works by Kurt Schilde at perlentaucher.de
- Homepage of Schilde at the University of Siegen
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German historian and sociologist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||November 21, 1947|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Berlin|