La Trappe (beer brand)
La Trappe is a Dutch beer brand brewed and distributed by the Trappist monastery Onze Lieve Vrouw van Koningshoeven in Berkel-Enschot (Eindhovenseweg 3) near Tilburg . The Trappists have been brewing beer here since 1884 and earn their living with it, as is the rule of St. Benedict provides.
La Trappe is one of two Trappist beers in the Netherlands. In addition to La Trappe, the Zundert Trapist has been produced in Zundert since 2013 . There are 12 Trappist beers worldwide (see navigation bar below).
Types of beer
The Trappist monastery Onze Lieve Vrouw van Koningshoeven brews the following beer specialties:
- "Blond" , a light, "European" beer with 6.5 vol .-%
- "Dubbel" , a beer with a ruby red color, 7% by volume
- "Tripel" , a bittersweet beer, 8% by volume
- "Quadrupel" , the strongest La Trappe beer, dark, 10% by volume
- "Witte Trappist" , a wheat beer, 5.5% by volume
- "Bock beer" , a red-brown Bock, 7% by volume
- "Isid'or", an amber-colored beer, 7.5% by volume
- "Puur" , a light beer made from organic ingredients, 4.7% by volume