State Library Center Rhineland-Palatinate
The Landesbibliothekszentrum Rheinland-Pfalz ( LBZ ) is a library service facility. The LBZ was created on September 1, 2004 through the merger of previously independent state institutions:
- Rheinische Landesbibliothek Koblenz
- Palatinate State Library Speyer
- Bibliotheca Bipontina Zweibrücken
- Büchereistelle Koblenz , formerly: Landesbüchereistelle Rhineland-Palatinate Koblenz (founded in 1948/1949 as the "State Office for Public Libraries")
- Büchereistelle Neustadt , formerly: Staatliche Büchereistelle Rheinhessen-Pfalz Neustadt an der Weinstrasse
It is a state authority of the State of Rhineland-Palatinate directly subordinate to the Ministry for Education, Science, Further Education and Culture .
The state library center takes on state library tasks for the state of Rhineland-Palatinate.
In particular, the LBZ with its scientific facilities takes on the function of a state library for the state of Rhineland-Palatinate. Its tasks include the provision of general and scientific information, the creation and provision of the state bibliography and other regional studies directories, the collection, indexing and preservation of publications with a regional reference, the care and preservation of historical manuscripts, books and media collections as well as supporting, planning and coordinating tasks in consultation with libraries of municipal, church and other providers in Rhineland-Palatinate.
The Landesbüchereistelle in the LBZ has the task of advising and supporting the owners and staff of the public libraries, schools and day-care centers in all library-related issues, offering central services and training, and planning and coordinating projects and other state-wide funding measures.
The LBZ is the publisher of the specialist journal bibliotheken heute .
- http://www.lbz.rlp.de/ Homepage