Rehbinder grew up in Danzig and Hanover and in 1955 began studying law at the Free University of Berlin , which he graduated in 1959. Subsequently, he worked as an assistant at the chair of Ernst E. Hirsch at the law faculty there and also studied sociology there and later in Cologne. In 1961 at the Free University of Berlin his doctoral Dr. iur .; The following year he obtained the Diplôme de Droit Comparé from the Faculté Internationale de Droit Comparé in Luxembourg. In 1964 he passed the Great State Examination in Berlin. He completed his habilitation in 1968 at the Free University of Berlin and received the venia legendi for the subjects of legal sociology , commercial law and labor law.
After visiting lectureships at the Universities of Freiburg , Ankara and Kyoto and a position as head of scientific department and professor at Bielefeld University from 1969 to 1973, Rehbinder was full professor for labor law, intellectual property law, media law and legal sociology at the University of Zurich from 1973 until his retirement in 2002 . Since 1974 he has also been an honorary professor at the University of Freiburg im Breisgau.
Rehbinder is Scientific Director of the European Institute for Forensic Psychology (Zurich) .
- The public role and legal responsibility of the press. A contribution to the theory of the protection of legitimate interests , Berlin 1962, plus dissertation, FU Berlin.
- Copyright. A study book , 16th edition, Munich 2010. ISBN 978-3-406-59768-8
- Legal sociology , 8th edition, Munich 2014. ISBN 978-3-406-66846-3
- Literature by and about Manfred Rehbinder in the catalog of the German National Library
- Page from Manfred Rehbinder at the University of Zurich
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German legal scholar|
|DATE OF BIRTH||March 22, 1935|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Berlin|