Maria Nooke , b. Herche (* 1958 in Forst (Lausitz) ) is a German sociologist . On June 29, 2017, the state parliament of Brandenburg elected her as the new state commissioner to deal with the consequences of the communist dictatorship in the GDR; the term of office began in October 2017. From 2009 to 2017 she was Deputy Director of the Berlin Wall Foundation .
After training in religious education, Nooke was active in Protestant child and youth work in Leipzig and in her home community. From 1985 she got involved in a church peace and environmental group in the GDR . Among other things, she was co-editor of the opposition newspaper AUFBRUCH .
From 1992 to 1997 studied Nooke at the TU Berlin sociology, psychology and education with the degree Master of Arts in Sociology and Education, 2007, she was at the University of Berlin to Dr. phil. PhD .
Nooke worked on contemporary history projects on Nazi and GDR history. Her main focus was on eyewitness work and biography research . Since 1999 she has worked scientifically at the Berlin Wall Memorial and has been involved in its development, since 2009 as Deputy Director of the Berlin Wall Foundation. From July 2013 to June 2017 she headed the Marienfelde emergency reception center , which belongs to the Berlin Wall Foundation. The parliamentary groups in the Brandenburg state parliament agreed that in autumn 2017 they should succeed Ulrike Poppe as Brandenburg state commissioner to deal with the consequences of the communist dictatorship .
Her husband is civil rights activist and politician Günter Nooke .
- Wall stories of escape and help. Encounter with contemporary witnesses. Ch. Links Verlag, Berlin 2017.
- with Hans-Hermann Hertle (ed.): The victims on the outer ring of the Berlin Wall 1961–1989. Self-published, Berlin 2013.
- with Lydia Dollmann (ed.): Escape goal freedom. Reports from GDR refugees about the situation after the wall was built - actions by the Girrmann group. Ch.links, Berlin 2011.
- with Hans-Hermann Hertle (ed.): The Victims at the Berlin Wall 1961–1989. A Biographical Handbook. Edited for the Center for Contemporary History Potsdam and the Berlin Wall Foundation. Ch.links, Berlin 2011.
- with Hans-Hermann Hertle and others: The victims of the Berlin Wall 1961–1989. Edited by the Center for Contemporary History Potsdam and the Berlin Wall Foundation. 2nd revised edition, Ch. Links, Berlin 2009.
- For environmental responsibility and democratization. The Forster opposition group in conflict with state and church. Ch. Links, Berlin 2008.
- with Gabriele Camphausen : The Berlin Wall. Exhibition catalog Documentation Center Berlin Wall. Michel Sandstein, Dresden 2003.
- The betrayed tunnel. Story of a prevented escape in divided Berlin. Edition Temmen, Bremen 2002.
- www.bundesstiftung-aufteilung.de . She follows Ulrike Poppe in this position .
- portrait of Nanette Hojdyssek .
- Interview by Markus Köhler 2012.
- Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung of April 27, 2017, p. 4.
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Herche, Maria (maiden name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German sociologist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1958|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Forst (Lausitz)|