Martha Maria Twisleton-Wykeham-Fiennes (born February 5, 1964 in London ) is a British director , writer and film producer .
Martha Fiennes has created a large number of music videos but is best known for directing her 1999 films Onegin and 2005 Chromophobia . She is also the producer of the 2004 film Ten Days to D-Day .
Life and family
Martha is the daughter of the photographer Mark Fiennes (1933–2004) and the writer Jennifer Lash (1938–1993). Her siblings are the actors Ralph and Joseph Fiennes , the composer and music producer Magnus Fiennes , the forester and environmentalist Jacob Fiennes and the filmmaker Sophie Fiennes . As a foster brother, the archaeologist Michael Emery grew up with them. The explorer and adventurer Sir Ranulph Fiennes also belongs to the extensive aristocratic family Twisleton-Wykeham-Fiennes .
Martha Fiennes was married to the director George Tiffin , with whom she has three children. Her son Hero Fiennes Tiffin was selected in November 2007 to play the role of the young Lord Voldemort in the film Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince . Her daughter Mercy Fiennes Tiffin played the young Georgiana in the 2008 film The Duchess .
Awards and nominations
- 1999: Tokyo International Film Festival: Best Director , for Onegin
- 2000: London Film Critics Award: British Newcomer of the Year , for Onegin
- 2000: BAFTA Awards, Alexander Korda Award for Best British Film , for Onegin (nomination)
- Martha Fiennes in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Homepage Martha Fiennes
- ↑ Martha Maria Twisleton-Wykeham-Fiennes on thepeerage.com , accessed September 11, 2016.
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Twisleton-Wykeham-Fiennes, Martha Maria (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||British actress and producer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||5th February 1964|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||London|