Martin Grunwald (* 1966 in Leipzig ) is a German psychologist and has been the founder and head of the haptics research laboratory at the Paul Flechsig Institute for Brain Research at the Medical Faculty of the University of Leipzig since 1996 .
After graduating from high school in 1984, he studied psychology , industrial psychology , biology and philosophy at the universities of Jena, Leipzig and Dresden. From 1993 to 1996 he was a research assistant in psychiatry and in 1994 a teacher at the European Business Academy in Leipzig. He received his doctorate in 1998 with the topic: Haptic stimulus processing and EEG changes . In the meantime he had several research grants. From 2001 he also had various research stays at MIT (Boston). He completed his habilitation in 2004 with the thesis: Psychophysiological and clinical-neuropsychological aspects of haptic perception .
Scientific publications (selection)
- EEG changes caused by spontaneous facial self-touch may represent emotion regulating processes and working memory maintenance
- Inducing sensory stimulation in treatment of anorexia nervosa
- Power of theta waves in the EEG of human subjects increases during recall of haptic information
- with L. Beyer as editor: The Moved Sense: Basics and Applications for Haptic Perception , Birkhäuser Verlag, Berlin, Basel, Boston 2001, ISBN 978-3-0348-8302-3 .
- as editor: Human Haptik Perception - Basic and Applications , Birkhäuser Verlag, Berlin, Basel, Boston 2008, ISBN 978-3-7643-7612-3 .
- Homo Hapticus - Why we cannot live without a sense of touch. Droemer Knaur, Munich 2017, ISBN 978-3-426-27706-5 .
- Elisabeth von Thadden : A visit to the sense of touch expert, in: dies., The contactless society. Munich 2018. pp. 17–28.
- 2018 Science Book of the Year in the Medicine / Biology category for Homo Hapticus - Why we cannot live without a sense of touch.
- Literature by and about Martin Grunwald in the catalog of the German National Library
- Further scientific publications: http://haptiklabor.medizin.uni-leipzig.de/publikationen/paper/
- Explanation of the haptics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XccWJz3jz0I
- Paul Wrusch: Haptics researcher on human proximity: "We mammals are contact beings". In: The daily newspaper . April 4, 2020 (Interview with Martin Grunwald).
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German psychologist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1966|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Leipzig|