Köhlmoose attended from 1972 to 1976, the primary school Long Fort , Hamburg-Barmbek-Nord and thereafter from 1976 to 1985, the Elise Averdieck-Gymnasium , Hamburg. At the end of her school education, which she completed with the Abitur in 1985, she began studying Protestant theology at the University of Hamburg . Which she finished there in 1993. From 1994 to 1997 she worked in the department for Protestant theology in Hamburg.
In 1998 she was at the University of Hamburg with a dissertation on the Book of Job doctorate ( Doctor theologiae ). From 1997 to 1998 she was Melanie Köhlmoos in the Church Preparatory Service of the North Elbe Church . In 2002 she qualified as an academic teacher of Biblical Hebrew . This was followed by a work as a research assistant at the Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Münster from 2002 to 2004, then at the Georg-August-Universität Göttingen , where she qualified as a professor in 2005 with a thesis on the city of Bet-El . Since 2010 she has been Professor of the Old Testament at the Johann Wolfgang Goethe University in Frankfurt am Main .
Köhlmoos has been married to Pastor Frank Muchlinsky, advisor for adult education at the Diakonisches Werk Hamburg, since 1993.
Publications (in selection)
- The eye of god. Text strategy in the Job Book (= FAT 25). Tübingen 1999.
- Bet-El - memories of a city. Perspectives of the Old Testament Bet-El tradition (= FAT 49). Tuebingen 2006.
- Ruth (= The Old Testament German 9/2). Göttingen 2009.
- Old Testament (= UTBBasics). Tübingen 2011.
- Kohelet. The preacher Solomon (= The Old Testament German 16/5). Göttingen 2015.
Articles in magazines and edited volumes
- Death as a sign. The staging of death in Amos 5 : BN 107/108 (2001), pp. 65–77.
- "Fallen is the virgin Israel": production in Amos 5. In: Erika Fischer-Lichte , Christian Horn, Sandra Umathum, Matthias Warstat (eds.): Ritualität und Grenz , Tübingen / Basel 2003, pp. 123-138.
- Amos 9: 1-4, Jerusalem and Beth-El. A contribution to the proclamation of the judgment at the place of worship in the prophecy of the 8th century. In: Matthias Augustin , Hermann Michael Niemann (eds.), “Basel and Bible”. Collected Communications to the XVIIth Congress of the International Organization for the Study of the Old Testament Basel 2001 , Frankfurt am Main 2004, pp. 169–178.
- Daughters of my people. Israel and the problem of prostitution in exile and post-exile . In: Friedhelm Hartenstein , Michael Pietsch (Ed.): Seven eyes on one stone. Festschrift Ina Willi-Plein , Neukirchen-Vluyn 2007.
- "One generation passes, the other comes". Generational change and political responsibility in the Old Testament . In: Christiane Burbach , Friedrich Heckmann (ed.): Generation questions. Theological Perspectives on Society in the 21st Century , Göttingen 2007.
- "The rest of the story". The “framework” as the basic structure of the royal books, basic structures of the royal books . In: Sylke Lubs, Louis Jonker, Andreas Ruwe, Uwe Weise (eds.): Careful reading. Old Testament exegesis in the interdisciplinary method discourse , Leipzig 2007 (ABG 28).
- In deep sorrow. Facial expressions and gestures in the face of death and horror . In: Andreas Wagner (Ed.): Anthropological Awakenings. Old Testament concepts of people and anthropological positions and methods , Tübingen 2007 (FAT).
- “ What can you do?” War and prostitution in the Old Testament . In: Anja Pistor-Hatam , Antje Richter (Eds.): Beggar, Prostitute, Paria: Marginal Groups in Asian Societies , Hamburg 2008 (= contributions from the Center for Asian and African Studies (ZAAS) at the Christian Albrechts University in Kiel . Volume 11).
- “Praise him with all who have received his promise”. The story of the Old Testament patriarchs as a generation story . In: Björn Bohnenkamp, Till Manning, Eva-Maria Sillies (eds.): Generation as a story. New perspectives on a cultural pattern of interpretation , Göttingen 2009.
- "I thought I had to tell this story". Observations on the Ruth story of Flavius Josephus : WdO 2009.
- Photography by Melanie Köhlmoos (  on uni-frankfurt.de)
- Melanie Köhlmoos' own website 
- Goethe University Frankfurt am Main. Protestant Theology, Faculty 06, Curriculum Vitae, Personal Data 
- 362-2 / 22 Elise-Averdieck-Gymnasium, 1908-1995 (inventory), Hamburg State Archives 
- Biographical entries in the frontispiece of Melanie Köhlmoos' work: Das Auge Gottes: Textstrategien im Hiobbuch. Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen 1999, ISBN 3-16-147140-7 ( on books.google.de )
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German Protestant theologian and Old Testament scholar|
|DATE OF BIRTH||5th September 1966|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Hamburg|