Mouse on Mars
|Mouse on Mars|
Mouse on Mars live (2001)
|origin||Dusseldorf , Germany|
|Genre (s)||Ambient , IDM , Experimental|
|Jan St. Werner|
Mouse on Mars consists of Jan St. Werner from Cologne and Andi Toma (formerly Jean Park) from Düsseldorf . The duo is often supported by the drummer and singer Dodo Nkishi. Their music can be assigned to the genres IDM and Ambient , but is distinctly experimental and has influences from techno , glitch , breakbeat , post - and krautrock .
To make their publications easier, Toma and Werner founded the independent label sonig in 1997 with the Cologne-based author, musician and label owner Frank Dommert.
Side projects such as Microstoria also appear on sonig . Since 1999 the label has dedicated itself to an international program of musicians. Mouse on Mars were represented by the independent label Thrill Jockey .
The album Niun Niggung rose to number 76 in the album charts in Germany in 1999.
In 2007 Mouse on Mars released the album Tromatic Reflexxions with Mark E. Smith from The Fall under the band name Von Südfed . In an interview they announced further albums as Von Südfed for 2009 and 2010, but they never came out.
For Christmas 2009 a new album from Mouse on Mars was announced; Ultimately, however, the new album Parastrophics was only released in early 2012 .
In 2005, 2008 and 2009 Mouse on Mars appeared at Goethe-Institut events. From October 22nd to November 13th 2010 Mouse on Mars played on behalf of the Goethe-Institut at concerts in New Zealand, Australia, Singapore, China and Vietnam.
- 1994: Vulvaland ( Too Pure )
- 1995: Iaora Tahiti (Too Pure)
- 1997: Autoditacker (Too Pure)
- 1997: Instrumentals (sonic)
- 1998: Glam (sonig)
- 1999: Niun Niggung (sonig)
- 2001: Idiology (sonig)
- 2004: Radical Connector (sonig)
- 2005: live04 (sonig)
- 2006: Varcharz (Ipecac Recordings)
- 2007: Tromatic Reflexxions (together with Mark E. Smith as Von Südfed )
- 2012: Parastrophics (Monkeytown Records)
- 2012: WOW (Monkeytown Records)
- 2014: 21 AGAIN (Monkeytown Records)
- 2018: Dimensional People (Thrill Jockey)
Singles and EPs
- 1994: Frosch (Too Pure)
- 1995: Bib (Too Pure)
- 1995: Saturday Night Worldcup Fever (Too Pure)
- 1997: Cache Coeur Naïf (Too Pure)
- 1997: Twift (Our Choice)
- 1999: Distroia (Domino Recording Company Ltd)
- 2001: Agit Itter It It (Tokuma Japan Communications)
- 2001: Actionist Respoke ( Thrill Jockey )
- 2001: Live (sonig)
- 2014: Spezmodia (Monkeytown)
- 2016: Lights (Infinite Greyscale)
- Sven-André Dreyer , Michael Wenzel, Thomas Stelzmann: No breathing space - music from Düsseldorf. Droste, Düsseldorf 2018, 192 pages, ISBN 978-3-7700-2067-6
- Official website
- Mouse on Mars at Discogs (English)
- Mouse on Mars at laut.de
- Mouse on Mars at MySpace
- From Südfed on MySpace
- Unofficial website
- Krautrock tones without abdomen: Mouse On Mars on welt.de (accessed on September 10, 2017)
- Parastrophics Review on pitchfork.com (accessed September 10, 2017)
- Jonathan Frank: Mouse On Mars Interview Pt. 2. nuflicks.de, February 2, 2008, accessed on February 13, 2013 (at the "Transmediale" 2008 in Berlin).
- News. mouseonmars.com, December 24th, 2009, archived from the original on January 7th, 2012 ; Retrieved February 13, 2013 .
- Mouse on Mars: Parastrophics. (No longer available online.) Mouseonmars.com, February 24, 2012, formerly in the original ; Retrieved February 13, 2013 . ( Page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- German sounds - "Soundz from Germany" in Tokyo and Osaka. Goethe-Institut, May 3, 2005, accessed on February 13, 2013 .
- Music. Goethe-Institut, May 2008, accessed on February 13, 2013 .
- "Goethe" musically. Goethe-Institut, January 2009, accessed on February 13, 2013 .
- Electronic music from Germany. Goethe-Institut , archived from the original on August 2, 2012 ; Retrieved February 13, 2013 .
- stef: Czukay Prize for Mouse on Mars . In: Kölner Stadt-Anzeiger . Cologne June 23, 2020, p. 24 .