Rauhut grew up in Aachen . He graduated in 1995 a study of geology / paleontology at the Free University of Berlin with the diploma from. From 1996 to 1999 he enrolled at the University of Bristol in David Unwin his dissertation and was in May 2000 his doctorate . Since 2004 Rauhut has been working as curator for lower vertebrates at the Bavarian State Collection for Paleontology and Geology in Munich . In addition, he has been a private lecturer at the University of Munich since 2007 .
His research area is the Mesozoic land vertebrate fauna , especially the evolution of dinosaurs . Rauhut described , also as a co-author , several dinosaurs, including the theropods Aviatyrannis , Condorraptor , Sciurumimus , Wiehenvenator , Suchomimus , Xinjiangovenator and the sauropod Brachytrachelopan , as well as the primeval bird Alcmonavis and Asfaltomylos , the first fossil mammal found in South America during the Jurassic period .
Rauhut is married and has two children.
Scientific publications (selection)
- C. Foth, OWM Rauhut: Macroevolutionary and morphiofunctional patterns in theropod skulls: a morphometric approach. In: Acta Palaeontologica Polonica. Volume 58, No. 1, 2013, pp. 1-16.
- D. Pol, OWM Rauhut et al .: A new fossil from the Jurassic of Patagonia reveals the early basicranial evolution and the origins of Crocodyliformes. In: Biological Reviews. Volume 88, No. 4, 2013, pp. 862-872.
- A. López-Arbarello, E. Sferco et al .: A new genus of coccolepidid fishes (Actinopterygii, Chondrostei) from the continental Jurassic of Patagonia. In: Palaeontologia electronica. Volume 16, No. 1, 2013, pp. 1–23.
- OWM Rauhut: A tyrannosauroid dinosaur from the Late Jurassic of Portugal. In: Palaeontology. Volume 46, 2003, pp. 903-910.
- OWM Rauhut: Osteology and relationships of a new theropod dinosaur from the Middle Jurassic of Patagonia. In: Palaeontology. Volume 48, 2005, pp. 87-110.
- OWM Rauhut et al: A Jurassic mammal from South America. In: Nature. Volume 416, 2002, pp. 165-168.
- OWM Rauhut et al .: Discovery of a short-necked sauropod dinosaur from the Late Jurassic period of Patagonia. In: Nature. Volume 435, 2005, pp. 670-672.
- OWM Rauhut et al .: The small theropod dinosaurs Tugulusaurus and Phaedrolosaurus from the Early Cretaceous of Xinjiang, China. In: Journal of Vertebrate Paleontology. Volume 25, 2005, pp. 107-118.
- PC Sereno et al: A long-snouted predatory dinosaur from Africa and the evolution of the spinosaurids. In: Science. Volume 282, 1998, pp. 1298-1302.
- Curriculum vitae of Oliver Rauhut (2004) (PDF; 66 kB)
- Oliver Rauhut: Legs to Wings - A dinosaur goes into the air. On: ARD-alpha - Campus TALKS.
- Oliver WM Rauhut, Helmut Tischlinger, Christian Foth: A non-archaeopterygid avialan theropod from the Late Jurassic of southern Germany . In: eLife . May 14, 2019, doi : 10.7554 / eLife.43789 .
- Dr. Oliver Rauhut - 2004 Albert Maucher Prize Winner . On DFG.de. Last accessed on March 10, 2011.
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Rauhut, Oliver Walter Mischa (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German vertebrate paleontologist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||September 30, 1969|