The mating season is a period of time within the year in which certain animal species mate, ie perform the act of mating . The mating seasons are linked to the sexual cycle of the female animals and occur either once a year (monoestically) or several times (polyoestrally). In the vertebrates that have a sense of smell, the release play of fragrances in the initiation of sexual receptivity a role.
For various animal groups, special names have been established for the mating seasons. How to speak at
- Birds generally from courtship time ,
- Ducks from mooring time ,
- Ferrets , foxes , badgers and wolves from the ranz ,
- Hares and rabbits from the ramming time ,
- Paarhufern as deer and other species of deer , chamois and mouflon ( hoofed ) of rut ,
- Domestic pigs and wild boars (swine) of noise time or intoxication ,
- Dogs from heat or heat ,
- Cats of estrus or heat cycle or Raunze ,
- Horses of bravery ,
- Cattle of Bulligkeit or cattle .