A park maintenance work is an instrument of garden monument maintenance . It is based on an analysis and documentation of historical gardens , parks , squares and green spaces and summarizes the measures for their care, maintenance and restoration in one plan . The purpose of a park maintenance company is to use this information to create a binding program for all those involved for the maintenance, maintenance or redesign of a garden that secures its monumental value over the long term.
Since the end of the 1950s, when the worst devastation of the Second World War and the post-war period in the historic gardens had been eliminated, the demands for restorative measures and concepts for long-term, forward-looking maintenance planning have increased. The most important publications of this time include those by Ernst Jobst (1960) and those of the Bavarian State Garden Director at the time, Christian Bauer , who presented the "park maintenance work" as an indispensable instrument for the continuous care and "management" of historical facilities (1960, 1961, 1972). The instrument of park maintenance work was supported by farmer from the tool of forest management work transferred to the park entertainment and development. With the Charter of Florence 1981 the working method proposed by Bauer was further developed.
in alphabetical order
- Christian Bauer: The park maintenance company . In: Das Gartenamt 10 (1961).
- Christian Bauer: The park maintenance work as sustainable management and operational planning . In: Das Gartenamt 9 (1961), p. 232 f.
- Ruprecht Dröge: Problems of developing a park maintenance system on behalf of the local authority . In: Die Gartenkunst 3 (2/1991), pp. 246–249.
- Margita M. Meyer: Park maintenance works for garden monuments - guidelines , website in the portal historegaerten.de
- Dieter Hennebo : Garden monument maintenance in Germany. History - problems - requirements . In: Dieter Hennebo (Ed.): Gartendenkmalpflege. Basics of the preservation of historical gardens and green spaces . Verlag Eugen Ulmer, Stuttgart 1985, ISBN 3-8001-5046-8 , p. 27
- Rainer Herzog: The Bavarian gardening director Christian Bauer (1903–1978) and the care of historical gardens in the care of the Bavarian Palace Administration from 1952 to 1966 . In: Working Group on Historic Gardens in the DGGL, Lower Saxony State Office for Monument Preservation, Center for Garden Art and Landscape Architecture (CGL), Leibniz University Hannover (Ed.): Symposium: 1963–2013. 50 years of the historical gardens working group in the German Society for Garden Art and Landscape Culture eV Hannover 2013, p. 51 ff. ( PDF )