Paul Haase (born April 2, 1873 ; died October 15, 1925 in Berlin ) was a German painter , draftsman and caricaturist . The subjects of his caricatures and drawings were racing, racing fields, sports and the military. His drawings appeared in Berlin magazines and newspapers.
He also worked as an illustrator . These include the “Visions of Twilight” by Oskar Panizza and several works by Hanns Heinz Ewers , including children's books written in verse by Ewers and Erich Mühsam under the pseudonym “Uncle Franz”.
His wife Julie Haase-Werkenthin (1882–1960) was a fashion designer.
- The blue letter: military memories / from Mars; illustrated by Paul Haase. Berlin Harmony, 1910?
- Erich Mühsam / Hanns Heinz Ewers: Billy`s Erdengang (An elephant story for good children) (Verses by Uncle Franz, pictures by Paul Haase) (Berlin, Globus, 1904, 1st edition)
- Matull, Kurt: The Prince of Boards. Humorous novel from Berlin theater life (Berlin, Seemann Nachsteiger, around 1900)
- Schmidt, Conrad Martin, Stienmann, Adolf: Fritz and Franz the bad boys of Berlin. A Berlin picture book. With pictures by Paul Haase (Berlin, Globus, around 1903)
- Leipziger, Leo (n) (pseud. Here: Roland von Berlin): Knipke. Scenes from the life of Berlin by Roland von Berlin. (= Bunte Brettl- und Theater-Bibliothek. Volume XV. Series B: Volume III) (Berlin, “Harmonie” publishing company for literature and art, (1903)
- Hannesen, Franz Robert a. Paul Haase: Rumpelstilzens earth passage. A funny dachshund story (Berlin, Globus Verlag, around 1905)
- Rideamus, (diFritz Olives): Lenz and love. Illustrations by Paul Haase (Berlin, Schlesische Verlagsanstalt, around 1906)
- Ehler, Krak - Paul Haase (Illustr.) Also a Swiss trip and other things (Berlin, Harmonie, 1907)
- Jordan, Theatrical Version: Ulrich von Hutten. A forerunner of our time (Berlin-Leipzig, Hermann Seemann, around 1907, with 1 drawing by Paul Haase)
- Haase, Paul; Zell, Theodor: The zoo. An animal picture book by Paul Haase, with descriptions by Dr. Th. Zell. 3rd edition, Berlin - Leipzig, Hermann Seemann successor, no year [1907/1908]
- Hyan, Hans: The rattle stork. Wanted and unwanted children (Leipzig, Verlag von Franz Ohme, 1909, 1st - 3rd thousand, with illustration by Paul Haase)
- Drobisch, Gustav Theodor: The little stack matz. Educational stories for children with colorful and funny pictures by Paul Haase (Leipzig, Franz Ohme, no year )
- Hyan, Hans: Kaschemmenwilly (Berlin Hermann Seemann Nachf. 1910)
- Terentius, Lorenz: The saved morality and other satires. Illustrated by Paul Haase. 7th edition (Berlin, Harmonie, approx. 1910)
- Kapherr, Egon Freiherr von: In Russian wilderness. Memories of a hunter. With drawings by Paul Haase (Berlin, Duncker, 1910)
- Strasburger, Egon Hugo: pranks. You can look and read about Fritz and Franz, the wicked ones, here (Stuttgart, Loewe, (1910), with illustr. By Paul Haase)
- Dahncke, W. (selection): Animal stories from distant countries. With pen drawing. by Paul Haase (Hamburg Gebr. Enoch (around 1910))
- Urban, Henry F .: The discovery of Berlin. With drawings by Paul Haase. Reprint from the 'Berliner Lokal-Anzeiger' (Berlin, August Scherl, 1911)
- Kapherr, Egon Frhr.v. , Gagern, Friedr. Frhr.v .: Kolk the raven and other animal stories (Alexander Duncker, Berlin 1911, with numerous drawings and pictures by Paul Haase)
- Kapherr, Egon Frhr. by: Scheitan, Siberian and Russian stories (Berlin: Egon Fleischel & co. 1911)
- Authority record for Julie Haase-Werkenthin: GND 140441840 .
- Hans-Jürgen Mende: Lexicon of Berlin burial places . Pharus-Plan, Berlin 2018, ISBN 978-3-86514-206-1 , p. 752.
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Uncle Franz (pseudonym)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German painter, draftsman and caricaturist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||April 2, 1873|
|DATE OF DEATH||October 15, 1925|
|Place of death||Berlin|