Precision Air was founded in 1991, but flight operations did not begin until 1994. Originally founded as an air taxi for private sightseeing flights, the line is increasingly serving the Tanzanian tourist market with charter and scheduled flights . The first scheduled flights started in 1999 in cooperation with Air Tanzania . Today, 51% of the shares are owned by company founder Michael Ngaleku Shirima, 49% are held by Kenya Airways .
As of March 2020, the Precision Air fleet consists of nine aircraft with an average age of 9.9 years:
- Website of the Precision Air (English)
- precisionairtz.com - Destinations (English), accessed on October 15, 2015
- Precision Air re-launches flights to Entebbe. African Aerospace, July 4, 2017.
- Precision Air Fleet Details and History. In: planespotters.net. Retrieved March 11, 2020 .
- precisionairtz.com - Our Fleet (English), accessed on October 27, 2014