Pripyat at the Party.San 2015
|origin||Cologne , Germany|
|Genre (s)||Thrash metal|
|Pablo Tapai Ugarte|
The band was founded in 2011 by the singer and guitarist Kirill Gromada, the guitarist Eugen Lyubavskyy, the bassist Michael Thomer and the drummer Yannik Bremerich. The band name comes from the Ukrainian city of Prypiat , which became a ghost town as a result of the Chernobyl nuclear disaster in 1986 . Gromada and Lyubavskyy both come from the Ukrainian capital Kiev , the latter was born a month after the disaster in what is now St. Petersburg .
The following year the band released their demo Liquidators . The demo brought the band a contract with the Siegburg- based record label Bret Hard Records. The band then recorded their own debut album Sons of Chernobyl , which was financed and produced by the band itself. The album was released on February 14, 2014.
- 2012: Liquidators ( Demo )
- 2014: Sons of Chernobyl (Album, Bret Hard Records )
- 2018: Chain Reaction (Album, NoiseArt Records )
- Olaf: This is how a Thrash album has to start, right? Zephyr's Odem, accessed May 4, 2014 .
- Eckardt Maronde: Sons of Chernobyl. (No longer available online.) Metal.de, archived from the original on May 4, 2014 ; Retrieved May 4, 2014 . Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.