Religious history reading book
Religionsgeschichtliches Lesebuch ( RGL ) is the title of a German-language academic book series with translated religious source texts from the religions of different peoples and cultures around the world. It was published by Alfred Bertholet in conjunction with specialist scholars.
The series is supplemented by the textbook on the history of religion , which was founded by Chantepie de la Saussaye (1848–1920) and which appeared in a fourth edition ( edited by Alfred Bertholet and Edvard Lehmann ).
The 2nd expanded edition of the Religionsgeschichtliches Lesebuch series was published in Tübingen in 1926–1932 , sometimes with different authors / translators than the first (e.g. Erich Schmitt (1893–1955) instead of Wilhelm Grube (1855–1908) at Tape about the Chinese).
First of all, a reading book on the history of religion was published in 1908, edited by Alfred Bertholet (Tübingen: Mohr, 1908 - digitized version). A new series, also edited by Alfred Bertholet, has been published since 1913.
It is one of the most important German-language series of its kind.
Booklets (2nd extended edition)
- 1 The Zoroastrian religion: <das Avestā> / Karl Friedrich Geldner . 1926
- 2 The natives of America / Konrad Theodor Preuss . 1926
- 3 The Slavs / Aleksander Brückner . 1926
- 4 The religion of the Greeks / Martin Persson Nilsson . 1927
- 5 The religion of the Romans and the syncretism of the imperial era / Kurt Latte . 1927
- 6 The Chinese / Erich Schmitt . 1927
- 7 The Jainas / Walther Schubring . 1927
- 8 The natives of Australia and the South Sea Islands / Richard Thurnwald . 1927
- 9 Vedism and Brahmanism / Karl Friedrich Geldner . 1928
- 10 Egypt / Hermann Kees . - Tübingen: Mohr, 1928 / 2., ext. Edition - 1928
- 11 Older Buddhism: based on texts by Tipiṭaka / Moritz Winternitz . 1929
- 12 The Teutons / Franz Rolf Schröder . - Tübingen: Mohr, 1929 1929
- 13 The Celts / Wolfgang Krause . 1929
- 14 Hinduism / Friedrich Otto Schrader . 1930
- 15 Mahāyāna Buddhism based on Sanskrit and Prākit texts / Moritz Winternitz . 1930
- 16 Islām: excluding the Qorʾān / Joseph Schacht . 1931 ( digitized version )
- 17 The religion of the Old Testament / Alfred Bertholet . 1932
References and footnotes
- ↑ see overview in the History of Religions Reading Book 16 / Textbook of the History of Religions (1. A. 1887, 2. A. 1897, 3. A. 1905, 4. Auf. 1925)
- ^ University of California: Religionsgeschichtliches Lesebuch, in connection with W. Grube ... K. Geldner .. Tübingen, Mohr, 1908 ( archive.org [accessed on October 3, 2019]).
- ^ The first volume 1 in the catalog of the SUB Göttingen, for example with "Religions of the scriptless people of Africa / Carl Meinhof. - New episode. Single issues. - 1913 ”and was later referred to as“ individual edition ”( archive.org ).