Live and act
After attending the Thomaeum grammar school in Kempen on the Lower Rhine, Kämmerlings studied German, history and philosophy in Cologne and Tübingen. Since 1997 he has worked as a freelance journalist for Westdeutscher Rundfunk , Neue Zürcher Zeitung and Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung . From 2000 he worked as an editor and since 2001 as a literary editor in the features section of the FAZ in Frankfurt am Main . His article "Flatrate Mentality - Expansion of the Drinking Zone" published in the FAZ on July 30, 2009, was later the Abitur text in the field of text-based discussion.
Kämmerlings ( rik. ) Has been the chief features editor of the daily newspaper Die Welt since October 2010 and was responsible for the weekly supplement Die Literäre Welt from 2013 to 2017 ; since 2017 he has been the literary correspondent for “Welt” and “Welt am Sonntag”. He is also a member of the jury for the Bremen Literature Prize .
- The brief happiness of the present . Klett-Cotta, Stuttgart 2011, ISBN 978-3-608-94607-9 .
In addition the reviews of:
- Iris Radisch : Children, how time flies! The literary critic Richard Kämmerlings already presents a history of the post-war literature . Die Zeit online, February 26, 2011;
- Gerrit Bartels: The brief happiness of the present . In: Der Tagesspiegel online, March 16, 2011.
- Welt-Gruppe expands culture department Axel Springer AG, 23 August 2010, accessed on 9 December 2013.
- Personnel of the WELT Group: Mara Delius becomes the new head of the Literary World. January 12, 2017, accessed on August 25, 2020 (German).
- Literature by and about Richard Kämmerlings in the catalog of the German National Library
- Richard Kämmerlings at Perlentaucher.de
- Short biography Verlag Klett-Cotta
- List of articles and contributions Welt.de
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German literary critic|
|DATE OF BIRTH||April 16, 1969|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Krefeld|