Ronald S. Stroud
After his BA at the University of Toronto in 1957, he studied at the University of California, Berkeley , where he received his doctorate in 1965. He then began teaching there, becoming Associate Professor in 1969, Professor in 1972, and Klio Distinguished Professor of Classical Studies in 2001 . In 2007 he retired. Since 1979 he has been co-editor of the Supplementum Epigraphicum Graecum . Stroud is a member of the German Archaeological Institute and has been a member of the American Philosophical Society since 2005 .
Ronald S. Stroud is the brother of the philosopher Barry Stroud .
- Drakon's Law on homicide (= University of California Publications. Classical Studies. Vol. 3, ). University of California Press, Berkeley CA et al. 1968.
- The Axones and Kyrbeis of Drakon and Solon (= University of California Publications. Classical Studies. Vol. 19). University of California Press, Berkeley CA et al. 1979, ISBN 0-520-09590-1 .
- with Nancy Bookidis: The sanctuary of Demeter and Kore. Part 3: Topography and architecture (= Corinth. Results of excavations conducted by the American School of Classical Studies. Vol. 18). American School of Classical Studies at Athens, Princeton NJ 1997, ISBN 0-87661-183-8 .
- The Athenian grain-tax law of 374/3 BC (= Hesperia .Supplement. Vol. 29). American School of Classical Studies at Athens, Princeton NJ 1998, ISBN 0-87661-529-9 .
- The Athenian Empire on Stone. David M. Lewis Memorial Lecture Oxford 2006. Ellenike Epigraphike Etaireia, Athens 2006, ISBN 960-86121-5-2 .
- Homepage at the University of California, Berkeley
- Ron Stroud receives Berkeley Citation
- Literature by and about Ronald S. Stroud in the WorldCat bibliographic database
- Member History: Ronald S. Stroud. American Philosophical Society, accessed January 28, 2019 (annotated).
|SURNAME||Stroud, Ronald S.|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Canadian ancient historian, classical philologist and epigraphist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||July 8, 1933|