Rudolf Schubert (botanist)
Rudolf Schubert (born August 26, 1927 in Kobitzschwalde ) is a German botanist and university professor.
After attending elementary school in Rößnitz, he went to secondary school in Plauen in Vogtland in 1938 . In the Second World War he was used as an air force helper and in labor service. He was taken prisoner of war, from which he was released in 1945.
In 1946 he made up his Abitur and began studying biology and geography at the Martin Luther University in Halle-Wittenberg , which he completed in 1950 with the state examination for secondary school teachers. In 1952 he received his doctorate. rer. nat. and successfully defended his habilitation in 1959. From 1959 to 1963 he was the district nature conservation officer for the Halle district .
After studying at the Universities of Halle, Greifswald and Potsdam, he became senior assistant in 1953 and lecturer in Halle in 1959. In 1964 he received his first professorship with a teaching position and in 1969 he was appointed full university professor. In 1991, at the age of 64, he took early retirement at his own request.
In 1989 Schubert was elected a member of the Leopoldina . Rudolf Schubert has been a member of the Leibniz Society of Sciences in Berlin since 1993 , founded in 1700 as the Brandenburg Society of Sciences.
- Rudolf Schubert, Eckehart J. Jäger, Klaus Werner (Ed.): Excursion flora for the areas of the GDR and the FRG. Founded by Werner Rothmaler. 6th edition. Volume 3: Atlas of vascular plants, people and knowledge, Berlin 1987, ISBN 3-06-012536-8 .
- Rudolf Schubert, Günther Wagner: Botanical dictionary. 12th edition. Verlag Eugen Ulmer , 2000, ISBN 3-8001-2742-3 .
- Rudolf Schubert, Werner Hilbig, Stefan Klotz: Identification book of the plant societies in Germany. Spectrum, Akademischer Verlag, Heidelberg et al. 2001, ISBN 3-8274-0915-2 .
- Rudolf Schubert, Horst Herbert Handke, Helmut Pankow: Rothmaler excursion flora of Germany . tape 1 : Lower plants. Spektrum Akademischer Verlag, Munich 2005, ISBN 3-8274-0655-2 .
- Institute for Environmental History and Regional Development at the University of Neubrandenburg (Ed.): Schubert, Rudolf Prof. Dr. In: Lexikon der Naturschutzbeauftragten , Volume 2 Sachsen-Anhalt , 2006, pp. 273–275.
- Braun, U. 2017: Life and work of Prof. Dr. Rudolf Schubert, a holistic view on the occasion of his 90th birthday. Bad Endalia 32: 35-50 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German biologist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||August 26, 1927|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Kobitzschwalde|