Zuma at Arminia Bielefeld in July 2007
|Surname||Sibusiso Wiseman Zuma|
|birthday||June 23, 1975|
|place of birth||Durban , South Africa|
|Years||station||Games (goals) 1|
|1995-1998||African Wanderers||at least 31 (10)|
|1998-2000||Orlando Pirates||70 (37)|
|2000-2005||FC Copenhagen||143 (40)|
|2010-2011||Vasco da Gama||27 (11)|
|1998-2008||South Africa||67 (13)|
1 Only league games are given.
Status: end of season 2012/13
Sibusiso Wiseman Zuma (born June 23, 1975 in Durban ) is a former South African football player . He plays in the position of the right winger or in the center of the storm. Most recently he was involved with SuperSport United in his home country .
After Zuma had initially played for the South African clubs Orlando Pirates and African Wanderes, he moved to FC Copenhagen in 2001 , with whom he was twice champion and twice runner-up. An overhead kicker by Zumas from 2001 against arch rival Bröndby IF has been counted as the “most beautiful goal of all time” in Denmark for years. In 2001 Zuma was voted "Player of the Year" in Denmark. For the 2005/06 season he moved to Arminia Bielefeld, where he got a contract until 2008.
Zuma also scored his first Bundesliga goal in his first Bundesliga game for Arminia Bielefeld. He scored 2-2 in the away game against Werder Bremen.
Zuma participated with South Africa in the Africa Cup of 2004 in Tunisia, the Africa Cup of 2006 in Egypt and the 2002 World Cup in Japan and South Korea. He has been captain of the Bafana Bafana since 2004 .
Despite several offers from the Premier League , Zuma decided against a club change to England and thus also played for Arminia in the 2007/08 season . After this season was again mixed for the player, he moved to the 2008/09 season in his South African homeland to the Mamelodi Sundowns .
In October 2009 the clubless Zuma moved to Denmark for FC Nordsjælland , only to return to his home country a few months later. After a successful trial session, Zuma signed a contract with the South African first division club Vasco da Gama at the end of July 2010, which will run until the end of the season.
Zuma has been playing for SuperSport United since the 2011/12 season . He played there for three years before ending his career due to injury. In 2016 it was revealed that he was having financial problems.
The nickname “Zuma the Puma”, which he already had in Copenhagen's days, is probably due to his speed and his running style, which is reminiscent of the suppleness of a wildcat.
His trademark is his bleached hair. Originally, according to Zuma, he dyed his hair blonde so that his grandmother could better recognize him on television, but he has retained his trademark even after her death.
Zuma is married and has twin daughters.
- Danish champions : 2002/03 and 2003/04 (with FC Copenhagen)
- Danish Cup Winner: 2003/04 (with FC Copenhagen)
- Scandinavian champions : 2004/05 (with FC Copenhagen)
- African Cup of Nations football participants: 2004 , 2006 and 2008 (with the South African national team)
- Sibusiso Zuma in the database of weltfussball.de
- Sibusiso Zuma impresses at first Vasco da Gama training - Zuma shows his class (English), accessed on September 13, 2010
- Vasco da Gama complete Sibusiso Zuma signing - Vasco complete Zuma signing (English), accessed on September 13, 2010
- - ( Memento of the original from September 24, 2016 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Zuma, Sibusiso Wiseman|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||South African soccer player|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 23, 1975|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Durban , South Africa|