Summer bivouac (Hanover)
The summer bivouac was a summer festival organized by the 1st Panzer Division and the state capital Hanover in the Hanover city park . In 2013 the 40th anniversary of the bivouac took place. The summer bivouac was intended to strengthen the bond between the Bundeswehr , the city of Hanover and its population. In 2015 the summer bivouac did not take place for the first time in 41 years, as the staff of the 1st Panzer Division was relocated to Oldenburg at the end of 2015.
Origin of name and frame
The summer festival, known as a bivouac (field camp), took place in the city park with tents, stages and dance floors where artists and musicians performed. The city park was not open to the public during the event.
The event was regularly attended by 5,000 to 6,000 invited guests and guests of honor. Individual guests of honor spoke at the opening. In recent years these have included the then Prime Minister David McAllister , the then Federal Minister of Health Philipp Rösler and the former Hanoverian Mayor and current Prime Minister of Lower Saxony Stephan Weil . In addition to the Hanover Opera Ball and the Lower Saxony State Press Ball, the summer bivouac was one of the social highlights of Hanover. In view of the protests and the massive police presence, participation was also a commitment to the Bundeswehr.
Criticism and protests
The criticism from pacifist and left-wing circles was sparked by the fact that a pleasant setting for self-expression was created here for a military facility. She was particularly outraged by the fact that the city of Hanover, ruled by the Greens and the SPD , was co-organizer.
In addition to the legal demonstrations, the opponents of the summer bivouac used means such as non-violent happenings, but also paint bag attacks on an SPD office and a police station, and even an arson attack in 2010 on the rose pavilion in the city park, which was completely destroyed as a result. The summer bivouac was protected by extensive police measures. In 2010 members of the parliamentary group Die Linke , including the member of parliament Manfred Sohn , tried to expose themselves during Prime Minister McAllister's speech . In June 2011 the violence took on a new dimension with a paint attack on the private apartment of an uninvolved reserve lieutenant .
- Event information for 2013
- Site of the 1st Panzer Division for the 2010 summer bivouac
- Site of the opponents of the summer bivouac
- 5500 guests at the summer bivouac in Hanover HAZ on August 8, 2010
- Also A party with friends Taz on August 8, 2010
- Many celebrities at the summer bivouac in Hanover HAZ on July 8, 2011
- Quotation from a website of the bivouac opponents: While the two demonstration trains were on their way, the main rally continued. This was used to pester guests and to throw bloody hand dummies and ended with a little paint throwing show on a Guttenberg soldier doll.  ; Retrieved January 11, 2011
-  Quote from the website of the bivouac opponents: "LA LUNA"! The bloody the slaughter of war, the more romantic the war festival motto.
-  Quotation from the website of the bivouac opponents: “When the Hanoverian Lord Mayor declares in his annual greeting to the summer bivouac that this is an excellent opportunity to maintain and improve relations between business, military and politics, he is right: Here what belongs together comes together. If the 1st Panzer Division wants to celebrate on August 7, 2010 with 6,000 invited guests from business, politics and the military, then this is our opportunity to confront those who benefit from war and exploitation with visible and audible protest and resistance. They're celebrating so they can wage war! Let's spoil their party! "
- Protesters smear themselves with red paint and pretend to be dead HAZ from August 8, 2010
- Bivouac opponents confess to the HAZ attacks on August 5, 2010
- Rose pavilion in the city park lit HAZ from June 22, 2010
- Protest with fake blood against summer bivouac in Hanover HAZ on August 8, 2010; also the website of the Left MP Kreszentia Flauger
- Color stroke on reserve officer in Hanover , Hannoversche Allgemeine Zeitung of June 28, 2011