From 1982 to 1989 Bretz attended a polytechnic high school . This was followed by attending a grammar school, which he successfully completed in 1995 with the Abitur . He then did his basic military service in 1995 and 1996. From 1996 to 2000 he studied business administration with a degree in business administration at the University of Cooperative Education in Berlin. From 2001 to June 2020 he worked as a business administration advisor at the professional development agency of the building and energy technology trades e. V. active.
He is single and lives in Potsdam.
Bretz has been a member of the CDU since 1997. He was also a member of the city council of Potsdam for the CDU from 2001 to 2008. In 2007 he was elected deputy chairman of the CDU district association in Potsdam.
For the 2009 state elections and 2014 state elections in Brandenburg , Bretz ran for a mandate in the Potsdam II state electoral district and entered the state parliament via the state list . In the 5th electoral term he was a member of the Committee on Budgetary Control, where he had also been the deputy chairman of a subcommittee since November 2011, as well as the energy policy spokesman for his group in the state parliament. From August 2011 he was also a member of the Budget and Finance Committee. Since September 2014 (6th electoral term) he has been the spokesman for finance and budget policy of the CDU parliamentary group, chairman of the committee for infrastructure and regional planning (until June 2015), deputy member of the committee for economics (area of energy policy) and spokesman for energy policy of CDU parliamentary group (until May 2015). He has been a deputy member of the Budgetary Control Committee since December 2015.
At a special party conference on April 25, 2015, Bretz was elected General Secretary of the CDU Brandenburg . On July 15, 2017, he was confirmed in office with 89% of the delegate's votes at the state party conference in Schönefeld.
On October 8, 2015, he was confirmed with an election result of 85.5% as district chairman of the CDU Potsdam and by party members in this office on February 26, 2016 with 89% of the votes. In November 2018, Bretz decided not to apply again for the district chairmanship of the CDU Potsdam in order to concentrate on his duties as Secretary General and his candidacy for the Brandenburg State Parliament in September 2019 in the upcoming local, European and state election campaigns. In the state elections on September 1, 2019 , he again ran in the Potsdam II state electoral district and entered the newly elected state parliament via the state list. In the 7th electoral term of the Brandenburg state parliament, Steeven Bretz is the spokesman for financial and budgetary policy of the CDU parliamentary group and a member of the budget committee. In November 2019 he was elected Parliamentary Executive Director of his group. He has been a member of the state board of the CDU Brandenburg since November 2019.
- Biography page for the 7th electoral term in the Brandenburg state parliament
- Steeven Bretz Official Website
- Parliamentary documentation Brandenburg (the exact data set must be determined using the search function)
- biography on the personal website
- Editing of the Brandenburg State Parliament : Brandenburg State Parliament. Retrieved July 8, 2020 .
- Members of the 5th electoral term in the Brandenburg state parliament ( Memento of the original from February 1, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. (PDF; 7 kB) on the Brandenburg State Parliament website
- Igor Göldner: CDU party congress. Senftleben realigns his party. In: Märkische Allgemeine (maz-online.de). July 16, 2017. Retrieved August 23, 2017 .
- leadership at the Potsdam CDU. Retrieved January 7, 2019 .
- These 88 members made it into the state parliament. Retrieved September 5, 2019 .
- CDU regional association Brandenburg: CDU regional association Brandenburg - Steeven Bretz MdL | Assessor in the state board. Retrieved December 10, 2019 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German politician (CDU), MdL|
|DATE OF BIRTH||March 7, 1976|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Potsdam|