|TECNOLUMEN GmbH & Co KG|
|legal form||GmbH & Co. KG|
|management||Carsten Hotzan, Walter Schnepel|
|Number of employees||about 40|
|sales||2.2 million EUR (2016)|
|Branch||Lights , design|
Tecnolumen is a lighting manufacturer that specializes in designer lights, especially those from the Bauhaus . The Bremen manufactory is the only licensed manufacturer of Wagenfeld lamps worldwide . Tecnoline is a sister company of the GmbH and manufactures fittings, door handles and switches.
Tecnolumen produces four different versions of this lamp - all original Wagenfeld designs.
Again and again plagiarism on. The company countered this product piracy at times with exchange campaigns (e.g. “No Fake” campaign).
Wilhelm Wagenfeld lamp
The fact that the Wilhelm Wagenfeld lamp is a design icon is shown, among other things, by the fact that it can be found in many museums around the world - since 1986, for example, in the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) in New York.
A separate exhibition was dedicated to her in Bremen: from March 12th to July 10th 2016, the New Museum Weserburg showed the exhibition Lamp! .
In addition to Wilhelm Wagenfeld, lights are made by other Bauhaus students. Including:
Other contemporary designers who, like the Bauhaus artists, rely on the principle of form follows function , complete the program. Two of the best known are:
- Magdalene Droste: The Bauhaus lamp by Carl Jacob Jucker and Wilhelm Wagenfeld. Birkhäuser Verlag, Basel 2002, ISBN 9783764368319 .
- Jeannine Fiedler, Peter Feierabend: Bauhaus. hf ullmann publishing, Potsdam 2011, ISBN 978-3833143472 .
- Bernd Polster: Bauhaus Design - The products of the new objectivity. Dumont, Cologne 2009, ISBN 9783832191672 .
- Klaus Weber: The metal workshop at the Bauhaus. Kupfergraben, Berlin 2005, ISBN 3891814054 .
- Beate Manske and Gudrun Scholz: in hand every day - industrial forms by Wilhelm Wagenfeld from 6 decades. Worpsweder Verlag, Worpswede 1987, ISBN 3922516556 .
- Consolidated annual financial statements for 2016 from January 6, 2017, accessed via the E-Bundesanzeiger
- nordwestradio (2016): 2 to 1 - Walter Schnepel, entrepreneur and art collector ( Memento of the original from May 8, 2016 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Page of the manufacturer: Tecnoline , accessed on July 7, 2017
- radiobremen (2016): Bremen design icon - nine facts about the famous Wagenfeld lamp ( Memento of the original from May 8, 2016 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Ikarus Design Blog (2016): Beware of falsification ( Memento of the original from May 8, 2016 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Schöner Wohnen (2015): Tecnolumen exchanges fake ones for real Wagenfeld lights
- Walter Schnepel: TL1. In: A magazine from Tecnolumen. Tecnolumen / Frank Meierdiercks, Bremen, 2019, accessed on September 11, 2019 .