Live and act
Puhl studied law in Bonn and Geneva. He received his doctorate in 1986 with a thesis on the minority government under the Basic Law and completed his legal clerkship in Bonn. In 1997 he completed his habilitation at the University of Heidelberg with Paul Kirchhof on the subject of budget flight and budget constitution . He has been with the University of Mannheim since 1995 and has held the chair for public law , finance and tax law , public business law and media law since 1999 .
From 2012 to 2018 he was Vice Rector for Studies and Teaching at the University of Mannheim.
On December 20, 2017, the University Council and Senate of the University of Mannheim elected Puhl as the successor to the incumbent University Rector Ernst-Ludwig von Thadden . He took up his new office on October 1, 2018. He has been Deputy Chairman of the Baden-Württemberg State Rectors' Conference since April 2020 .
Puhl is married to a judge and has four grown children.
- The minority government according to the Basic Law (dissertation, 1986) [writings on public law. '' Volume 501]. Duncker & Humblot Verlag, Berlin 1986, ISBN 3-428-05942-5
- Budget flight and household constitution (habilitation thesis, 1997), Mohr, Tübingen 1996, ISBN 3-16-146578-4
- Basic questions of the concept of contracting authority under competition law: using the example of the Studentenwerke Baden-Württemberg , [publications on economic administration and procurement law; 32] Nomos, Baden-Baden, 2012, ISBN 978-3-832-96723-9
He has also published numerous magazine articles.
- Literature by and about Thomas Puhl in the catalog of the German National Library
- Prof. Dr. Thomas Puhl on the website of the University of Mannheim
- Author profile
- Metropolnews editors, Metropolnews editors: Mannheim: Ceremonial handover of the rectorate at the University of Mannheim completed. In: Metropolnews.info. October 8, 2018, accessed December 24, 2018 (German).
- University of Mannheim - New Vice Rectors in Office. Retrieved September 17, 2017 .
- Thomas Puhl elected rector of the University of Mannheim . Press release. University of Mannheim, December 20, 2017 ( uni-mannheim.de [accessed December 21, 2017]). Thomas Puhl elected Rector of the University of Mannheim ( Memento from December 22, 2017 in the Internet Archive )
- Heiko Brohm: Thomas Puhl elected as the new rector . In: Mannheimer Morgen . ( Morgenweb.de [accessed December 20, 2017]).
- Teaching becomes more digital . In: Mannheimer Morgen . April 1, 2020 ( morgenweb.de ).
- André Heuwinkel: The Mannheim constitutional lawyer Thomas Puhl on allegedly unfree Germany and statements by the singer Xavier Naidoo , interview with Puhl in the Lampertheimer Zeitung from November 15, 2014, accessed on January 24, 2015.
- Echo Newspapers GmbH: Thomas Puhl becomes the new Rector of the University of Mannheim - Echo Online. Retrieved December 24, 2018 .
- publications by Thomas Puhl. Retrieved September 17, 2017 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German legal scholar|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1955|