Verena Epp received her doctorate in 1988 from the Heinrich Heine University in Düsseldorf under Rudolf Hiestand with a thesis on Fulcher von Chartres . Her habilitation took place in 1997 on the subject of " Amicitia - Studies on Personal, Social, Political and Spiritual Relationships in the Early Middle Ages". After a university professorship in Düsseldorf and various professorships, including in Vienna and Munich, she was appointed Professor of Medieval History and Regional History at the Philipps University of Marburg in 2000 as the successor to Jürgen Petersohn .
When they got married in 2003, she took her husband's name and has since published as Verena Postel . In 2011 she dropped this name again. She is a member of the Constance Working Group for Medieval History and has been a member of the Historical Commission for Hesse since 2011 .
- Verena Epp: Fulcher von Chartres: Studies on the historiography of the first crusade , Droste, Düsseldorf 1990, ISBN 3-7700-0819-7 (also dissertation at the University of Düsseldorf 1988; Studia humaniora , volume 15).
- Verena Epp: Amicitia: on the history of personal, social, political and spiritual relationships in the early Middle Ages Hiersemann, Stuttgart 1999, ISBN 3-7772-9917-0 (also habilitation thesis at the University of Düsseldorf 1996/97, monographs on the history of the Middle Ages, volume 44 ).
- Verena Postel: The origins of Europe. Migration and Integration in the Early Middle Ages. Kohlhammer, Stuttgart 2004, ISBN 3-17-018405-9 .
- Verena Postel: Work and Free Will in the Middle Ages. Steiner, Stuttgart 2009, ISBN 978-3-515-09393-4 .
- Verena Postel: Work in the Middle Ages. Ideas and realities. Akademie-Verlag, Berlin 2006, ISBN 3-05-004098-X .
- Literature by and about Verena Epp in the catalog of the German National Library
- Page from Verena Epp at the University of Marburg
- See the review by Stephan Freund in: Zeitschrift für bayerische Landesgeschichte 66 (2003), pp. 565–566 ( online ).
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Postel, Verena|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German historian and university professor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 28, 1959|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Dusseldorf|